Experiential Director, Hospitality (Global Events)
THE JOB / Experiential Director, Hospitality (Global Events)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters is in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible to Stamford, CT, or New York, NY. Please note working from the clients NYC offices on a regular weekly basis will be required***
Do you consider yourself a hospitality specialist?
Skilled with running multiple hosting programs?
If you have deep knowledge of the hospitality space and are an organized leader with a passion to for events and travel, this position is for you! We are searching for an Experiential Director to support a cross-functional team and oversee a global hospitality program.
This position will allow the Director to lead the development of premium hosting program experiences for a top brand in the Olympic space. Enjoy the challenge of working at the speed of light and balancing sophisticated programs? We do too.
We are looking for a hospitality and logistics specialist who enjoys working in a team environment. The Experiential Director would effectively work with clients and partners to deliver white glove service in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is organized and detail oriented, willing to travel and work across multiple geographies and time zones and take pride in delivering a flawless event.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
The work you’ll do
- Project manage an extensive hospitality program, using outstanding attention to detail and client management skills
- Work with our Hospitality team to develop hospitality plans and program recommendations in support of clients’ goals and objectives
- Management of team members as assigned
- Work closely with your team and colleagues to broadly lead all aspects of the management of guest facing programming – including vendor management, logistical planning, budget management, event execution, onsite hosting and recap
- Responsible for producing and managing a range of guest communication documentation and online guest management tools and stakeholder management
- Conduct pre-planning, management, and implementation for events including vendor vetting, contract review and negotiation and requisite event activation plans (including transport and room manifest) and supporting communication documents (i.e., Work Plans, Event Overviews, Event Guides, etc.)
- Additional projects as assigned, which may include: assistance on other events and hospitality programs, sponsorship evaluations, competitive reviews, POVs, white papers, property research, etc.
- Implement management routines and protocols to foster an environment for thoughtful ideation, critical review and transparent communication of program updates across teams/clients
- Develop relationships with clients as a trusted advisor, while driving business/projects forward
- A moderate amount of event travel will be required throughout the year, including nights and weekends and this role will require onsite in Paris mid-July to mid-August
- Other Administrative and related duties as assigned
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- A passion for hospitality, sports, entertainment & travel
- A passion for events/experiences, ranging from large-scale custom experiences to small-scale turnkey events
- 7–10-year(s) work experience in hospitality or experiential marketing and proven experience managing VIP and executive groups
- Experience working internationally or as part of a global team is a benefit, as too if you have first-hand experience working at a major event such as Olympics, FIFA World Cup etc we’d love to hear from you
- Strong leadership presence, with the ability to communicate concisely, persuasively and effectively, across multiple mediums
- Think of yourself as a people leader who is invested in the success of the team first
- History of building positive relationships, both internally and externally – finding opportunities to make valuable contributions with every interaction
- Proactive, critical thinker who thrives when the pressure is on
- Not afraid to “pitch in”, “roll up your sleeves” and get it done. You take initiative. No task is too big or too small
- Able to prioritize multiple projects with ease, handle deadlines, coordinate key timelines and perform under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Exhibits emotional intelligence and can adapt to working with various personalities
- Results driven and capable of working independently
- Detail oriented with outstanding organization skills and maintain that standard of excellence and consistency across your team
- Have demonstrated experience in positions requiring discretion, judgment, tact, and poise and you are reliable and trustworthy
- Can lead client meetings, staff planning and keep all parties on task, on time and on budget
- Able to forecast and mitigate issues/challenges effectively
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend/holiday travel
- Willingness to travel to various event sites throughout the U.S. and Globally – a valid passport will be required
- Travel required (around 30%)
- Multiple languages, especially French, is a plus!
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Compensation + Benefits:
Director: The base range for this position is $70,000 – 90,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play.
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too.
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.