Senior Account Manager, Client Services (Adult Beverage Client)
THE JOB / Senior Account Manager, Client Services (Adult Beverage Client)
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
***Our headquarters is in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible to Stamford, CT, or New York, NY. Please note working from the clients NYC offices on a regular weekly basis will be required***
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Account Manager to join our fast-paced Client Services team, working on the strategic management of AB InBev’s global sports & entertainment partnership portfolio! This person will report to the Group Director and will support the account team on the day to day of AB InBev & global brand's portfolio. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the music & entertainment space. This position will work with various stakeholders including client, agency partners and production vendors to bring global partnerships to life.
The role’s primary objective is to keep all projects on track, ensuring the successful activation of sponsorships from campaign concept to execution by leading the integrated alignment of stakeholders, project approvals, and project management. Excellent organizational, communication and client management skills required, in addition to creative thinking!
The work you’ll do
- Function as team/project management lead for various global partnerships in the music & entertainment space
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of partnership (i.e. budget creation, program development, compliance management, logistics, and reconciliation) where available
- Day-to-day communications with all internal and external stakeholders (including AB InBev, partners, agencies, and vendors)
- Create and maintain global status reporting to track all deliverables and deadlines through all phases of project
- Host regular (weekly or bi-weekly) meetings with various AB InBev stakeholders and agencies
- Coordinate partnership asset development, feedback, and approvals
- Develop event specific activation guides and other event documents
- Provide on-site event management/activation/rights delivery support as needed
- Support account billing processes including budgets and vendor payments
The bigger team you’ll join
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years’ experience in related field
- Self-starter with the ability to nurture multiple partner, client, and stakeholder relationships
- Diligent; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Experience with on-site event management and execution
- Experience managing partner relationships including vendors, suppliers, and assets
- Experience successfully working with culturally diverse clients
- Experience with global brands and/or rights holders is a plus
- Desire and confidence to present materials to clients
- Ability to manage precise financial records, budgets and reconciliation
- Willingness to work weekend, holiday and non-traditional hours, as required
- “Pitch in and get your hands dirty” type of demeanor required
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally is a must; A valid passport, or the ability to acquire a passport at a later date is required
- Travel is required (around 20%)
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Compensation + Benefits:
- L4: The base range for this position is $65,000 – 75,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background pertinent experience, and qualifications
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play.
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too.
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.