Vice President, Client Services (Soccer)
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for owning trusted client relationships and growing the business based on marketing expertise, seamless integration, and high-quality delivery, and serving as a core member of our subject matter expert group on international soccer.
Octagon is searching for a new Vice President, Client Services to join our team to lead a highly integrated, multi-functional, and multi-agency team with an inspirational management style and organizational prowess.
This Vice President will also serve as an agency subject matter expert in Latin American and North American soccer, working across other clients in this area of expertise. Given the subject matter of the role, this person must be business-level proficient in both Spanish and English. This position will require someone based in South Florida and able to work out of Miami, FL in a hybrid working environment, spending time with clients, and rights holders, and at events and programs as required.
This VP will lead the Latin American business for one of our top global clients. You will work closely with our clients to think big picture and connect the dots in a sophisticated organization while also leading a project management team as they implement tactical programs. We are looking for someone who can own the relationship with senior clients, guide thinking, and share best practices, while also managing and developing direct reports.
To excel in this role, you must be an expert in the soccer commercial space, a confident project manager and multi-tasker who thinks on your feet, takes initiative, identifies and solves problems independently, finds creative solutions, and keeps programs on track across multiple partners (agency and client). You'll be ahead of the curve if you've had experience crafting, creating, and delivering presentations.
The work you’ll do
- Manage a dynamic and cross-functional team to deliver fully integrated, sports-themed marketing programs
- Serve as the agency subject matter expert in the world of soccer – with a keen understanding of the commercial space and agreements and relationships with key players
- Participate in the development of partnership investment and divestment strategies grounded in the brand’s business objectives
- Develop strong, trusted relationships with senior clients, agency partners, sports properties, media and content partners
- Lead a regional account team – inspiring and organizing them for success
- Serve as a lead advisor and consultant to decision-making clients
- Institute and manage a consistent and cohesive process to advance from the development of an activation strategy to in-market delivery to performance analysis
- Participate in the development and delivery of thought leadership pieces for clients and public distribution
- Contribute to the development of a project management practice including the day-to-day management responsibilities of a project manager
- Leverage resources and expertise across the organization and cross-agency team to deliver the strongest advisory to clients
The bigger team you’ll join
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
Who we’re looking for
- 10-14 years of proven experience, weighted heavily to experience in account management work in a marketing agency environment
- Spanish-language fluency, business proficient
- Global and regional soccer subject matter expertise, in particular with Latin and South America. Strong understanding of the Latin American sports & entertainment landscape required
- Crisp, effective verbal and written communicator able to scale and adapt communications for a variety of audiences to effectively and succinctly articulate agency positioning and expertise
- A strategic, collaborative approach to solving problems with ideas – build relationships and influence a range of teams
- Strong organizational, leadership, and marketing integration skills
- Strategic problem solver - can see possible impacts of a decision on many projects
- Successful at encouraging positive agency and client relationships
- Willingness to travel as needed (approximately 35%)
The base range for this position is $130,000 – 168,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure, and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please get in touch with us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.