Event Trainee, Soccer Tournament
THE JOB / Event Trainee, Soccer Tournament
EVENTS / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
We're looking for an Event Trainee to assist our events division with the day-to-day preparation and on-site execution of the second-annual TST (The Soccer Tournament), held at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, NC from June 5th –10th, 2024! The Octagon staff will be directly responsible for managing all fan- and athlete-related components of the event, with a focus on festival activations, the kids zone area, the beer garden, parking, admissions, as well as athlete locker room and uniform management.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support with event planning of operational, marketing, and sponsorship needs in advance of the tournament, including development of fan festival activations, athlete services, coordination of signage production, management of vendor relationships, management of ticket distribution, volunteer outreach, and staffing coordination.
- On-site support during tournament week, including set up & breakdown, activation of fan festival, athlete’s village, volunteer headquarters, vendor management, hospitality management and troubleshooting on-site challenges.
- Other related duties/projects as reasonably assigned.
- Must be available to work on-site during the event and the full week before the tournament.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- 0-1 year of professional experience
- Polished communication skills, both written and oral
- Basic knowledge of event management is a plus
- Strong desire to work in a team setting
- Confident ability to solve problems, demonstrate initiative, and present a proactive work ethic
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to multi-task, and commit to strict timelines
- Mature business sense and ability to work alongside client on a daily basis
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Internet
- Interest in sports and event management as a long-term career
- Willingness to travel, work weekends, holidays, and non-standard hours
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays minimum wage and is overtime-eligible.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.