Tour Manager, National Driving Experience (Luxury Automotive Client)
THE JOB / Tour Manager, National Driving Experience (Luxury Automotive Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
The Tour Manager will assist the Experiential, Driving Programs team in the execution of a nationwide driving program running from March 2024 through November 2024.
The tour will travel to major cities across the country and facilitate an experiential driving program built around our client’s newest and most luxurious vehicles! The Tour Manager will serve as the on-site lead for vendor operations, asset management, tour logistics, team leadership and oversee the general consumer experience. The Tour Manager will work closely with the core Octagon team and an Assistant Tour Manager.
Events will take place on both weekdays and weekends from March 2024 through November 2024; with travel days and off days built into the schedule. Exact tour routes and dates are not yet finalized, however, not all events will need to be attended in-person.
The Tour Manager will be specifically responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of asset installment/tear down, event logistics, on-site venue communication and execution of daily events. The Tour Manager will also be responsible for daily communication with the Octagon Team as well as advance communications with each venue and is expected to assist in event execution on-site.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Oversee and assist in executing all on-site activities
- Ensure on-site staff meets event execution expectations
- Communicate in advance with hosts of upcoming events
- Serve as a direct liaison between management staff and tour team members
- Responsible for maintenance and security of all tour equipment
- Set daily schedules and assignments
- Book hotel travel for entire tour team
- Engage with consumers, directing any concerns or issues to proper authorities
- Review and approve weekly submitted expense reports
- Be a diplomatic problem solver
- Ensure that event attendees have a positive and engaging experience while on-site
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, automotive, luxury and/or pop culture. Interest in luxury automotive is a strong plus
- 4-5+ years’ worth of previous tour management experience
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills. Presentation or public speaking experience is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Confident in training and managing on-site brand ambassadors in each market, applying brand guidelines and operational procedures provided by Octagon team
- Ability to lead, manage and diffuse customer concerns on-site in collaboration with Octagon team
- Willingness to travel consecutive days, for weeks at a time
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays $62,000 annually.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.