Intern (6 Months)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Octagon is seeking a dynamic and adaptable Intern to support the team over a 6-month internship period. Someone who has a passion and interest in the marketing and business of sports & entertainment. You will also need to be articulate and a confident self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills. It is highly desirable that you are pursuing a tertiary education in Marketing, Statistics, Business, Law, Commerce, Economics or Sports Management.
- Keep a pulse on the sports & entertainment news within the region
- Research and analyze market trends on the industry, clients and competitors
- Coordination of day-to-day operations
- Facilitate the running of internal team or client meetings
- Accurate and detailed reporting, including work in progress and status reports
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of managing client programs, including preparation of presentations and materials
- Manage account finance, including invoicing, reporting and liaison with finance team members
- Assist in other ad-hoc activities as directed
- A strong interest in sports or entertainment and the commercial world of sports & entertainment (this one's non-negotiable!)
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Creative-minded, with a drive to bring interesting ideas to life
- Strong work ethic to carry our responsibilities with pride and ownership
- Presentable and service-minded with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Conscientious, hardworking and results-oriented
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Effective time management with an ability to prioritize tasks
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-changing environment
- Up to date with social media and the latest consumer trends (this is a huge plus)
So there you have it. Are you our next INTERN? We hope so.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.