THE GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAM
Octagon is challenging you to spend 6 months as an actively involved Graduate Trainee as part of the World's leading Sports & Entertainment Creative Marketing Agency. Our Graduate Trainee Program is a unique learning opportunity in which you could build your career. Octagon will challenge and engage you, providing you with every opportunity to make your mark and build a future in a fast growing and exciting industry. This program is also a great way for you to develop industry connections and build a profile.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Octagon is seeking a dynamic, innovative and adaptable Graduate Trainee to join the team. Someone who has a passion and interest in the marketing and business of sports & entertainment. You will also need to be articulate and a confident self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills. It is highly desirable that you have tertiary education in Marketing, Statistics, Business, Law, Commerce, Economics or Sports Management.
- Keep a pulse on the sports & entertainment news within the region
- Research and analyze market trends on the industry, clients and competitors
- Provide assistance on new business pitches and sponsorship opportunities
- Research and coordination of client meetings
- Accurate and detailed reporting, including work in progress and status reports
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of managing client programs, including preparation of presentations and materials
- Managing correspondence and communication directed to the position promptly and accurately
- Liaising with various stakeholders, including clients, suppliers and even rights-holders of esteemed sporting organizations
- Manage account finance, including invoicing, reporting and liaison with finance team members
- Assist in other ad-hoc activities as directed
- A strong interest in sports or entertainment and the commercial world of sports & entertainment (this one's non-negotiable!)
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Creative-minded, with a drive to bring interesting ideas to life
- Initiative, leadership, relationship-building skills and desire to learn, with a strong work ethic to carry our responsibilities with pride and ownership
- Presentable and service-minded with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand large pieces of communication and information quickly, then turn into actionable items
- Conscientious, hardworking and results-oriented
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and social media
- Effective time management with an ability to prioritize tasks
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-changing environment
So there you have it. Are you our next GRADUATE TRAINEE? We hope so.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.