Senior Event Executive, Global Sports Sponsorships (Endurance & Corporate Social Responsibility) (Financial Services Client)
THE JOB / Senior Event Executive, Global Sports Sponsorships (Endurance & Corporate Social Responsibility) (Financial Services Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position is in Charlotte, N.C.
Do you love events and creating experiences? Do you have a passion for running and developing consumer experiences across some of the most iconic endurance races and cause properties? Do you love solving problems and bringing large-scale experiences to life? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Senior Experiential Executive to join our dynamic team to help create experiential activations across numerous integrated campaigns for our financial services client’s sports sponsorships portfolio. The campaigns feature experiential programming with Boston Marathon and Chicago Marathon among other races as well as CSR initiatives such as (RED).
Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and a great communicator. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative, a self-starter and is comfortable taking the lead and voicing their opinions and ideas. If you love events and want to be part of an experienced team of passionate marketers, this may be the job for you.
This role will report to the team’s Experiential Manager, who will coordinate and communicate responsibilities across multiple programs and platforms. This position will require someone in our Charlotte office a minimum of three days per week.
The work you’ll do
- Assist with the planning and execution of experiential marketing programs both in-person and virtual across multiple programs
- Assist with vendor management, logistical planning, preparation of event documents to aid in execution/recapping, etc.
- Coordinating projects with vendors and internal Octagon resources
- Reliably facilitate communication between clients and partners
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of financial service client’s sponsorship portfolio and business initiatives
- Manage documents such as budgets, status reports, inventory tracking, and meeting agenda and notes
- Participate in brainstorms and creative ideation and provide research as requested
- Additional projects as assigned, which may include assistance on other events/programs, competitive research, POVs, property research, etc.
The bigger team you’ll join
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
Who we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience, with agency or client service experience and event planning preferred
- A passion for events/experiences, ranging from large-scale custom experiences to small-scale turnkey events
- A fan of sports, cause, music, and events preferred
- The mindset that no job is too small or too big
- A can-do attitude and desire to succeed
- Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Can have a good time sitting in brainstorms and coming up with fun ideas
- You are coachable and are willing to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- A sense of humor and the ability to tell a good story (we like to laugh)
- A go-getter, you demonstrate initiative and embrace new challenges
- An effective, strong written and oral communicator
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend & holiday travel. This may include multiple week-long trips per quarter. Anticipated travel ~ 25-35%.
- Willing and able to lift and carry 30+ lbs regularly while onsite
This position pays $50,000, is overtime-eligible, and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too.
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.