Account Trainee, Golf (Luxury Automotive Client)
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Golf (Luxury Automotive Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Our team is looking for a driven, enthusiastic Account Trainee. The primary responsibility of this position is to support client engagement and grassroots programming on behalf of a luxury automotive manufacturer. Potential responsibilities include: assisting with the implementation and event execution for a nationwide amateur golf program, as well as the client’s title sponsorship on the PGA TOUR. The AT will travel to various U.S. cities, assisting with all facets of event planning, and the coordination of the final tournament.
The Account Trainee will work as part of a team, collaborating with various internal teams and divisions, client partners/vendors, and consumers. Strong team dynamics skills, excellent organizational skills, and strong interpersonal skills are required for this position. This position offers a rare opportunity to learn account management, client engagement, golf event planning, on-site logistics and event activation skills. This position will also allow you to participate in brainstorming sessions, work with budgets/excel, build presentations (PowerPoint) and learn valuable research/competitive analysis skills.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support the account team across multiple programs and various initiatives
- Assist in staffing multiple events and assume responsibility for event set-up and breakdown
- Implement sponsorship on-site (i.e. registration, signage, vehicle displays, hole- in-one verification, answer product related questions, etc.)
- Assist with vendor management, premium inventory, event planning, property research, and vehicle logistics
- Assist the team in managing documents: status reports, tracking documents and meeting notes
- Create recap documents for events including key learnings, strengths, weaknesses and recommendations
- Participate in brainstorms and creative ideation
- Manage select special projects
- Other duties as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, event management, and/or hospitality
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related and 0-1 year’s work or internship experience in the communications, advertising or marketing industries
- Previous event marketing experience is a strong plus
- Knowledge, experience and interest in the game of golf
- A desire to learn and develop a career in sports & entertainment or experiential marketing
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our clients’ industry, brand and product offering
- Attentiveness to detail, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time and produce quality work within strict timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team and independently to solve problems effectively
- Superior organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written). A writing assignment may be included in the hiring process
- You take initiative and tackle problems independently without manager supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Willingness to travel extensively including weekends and holidays, and work non- traditional work hours
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays minimum wage and is overtime-eligible.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.