Project Manager, Sponsorship Strategy
PROJECT MANAGEMENT / Responsible for managing operations, resourcing, and project delivery for Sponsorship Strategy team
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates with East Coast working hours as a prerequisite.
We are a group of specialists who are creators: Content creators, event producers, and digital marketers. We are constantly striving to create programming that goes above and beyond our client’s expectations and helps us shine in our industry. All of that creating begins with the right strategy. This project manager will provide resourcing, trafficking, and operational support to the sponsorship strategy team for a variety of clients from banking to e-sports to packaged goods to technology.
Although project management skills are required, this is not a traditional project management role, in that the right person will become embedded within the Strategy Team, ensuring that all of the processes and operational procedures are in place to allow the Strategy Team to run more efficiently. Collaboration with other departments will be part of the role, but, again, rather than integrating several teams, this role will focus on efficiently running one team.
The work you’ll do
- Receive all new internal project requests and collaborate with department leads to determine project teams and allocation of department resources
- Keep projects on task by crafting and monitoring project timelines, updating status trackers as well as the workload distributed to account and project teams
- Participate in both project management and client team meetings.
- Set up briefing meetings and distribute meeting notes
- Manage proposal (including Request for Proposal) resourcing and deadlines; partner with response team while leading the administrative and operational aspects
- Ensure all assets are received on time and organized in the document repository
- Handle vendor management, including gathering production estimates from vendors, invoice processing, new vendor onboarding, and more
The bigger team you’ll join
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
Who we’re looking for
- 1-3 years of experience in project management or closely related job. Experience working at a marketing or consulting agency or marketing department
- An initiative-taker who loves being in control of projects
- Easy-going and likable, but cannot be pushed around
- Has the ability to create systems and processes and may even consider ‘Organization’ your middle name
- Ability to empower team members to complete the work necessary to meet critical client demands
- Understanding of how to handle revenue, staffing, and other resource management.
- Ability to work with operational partners and vendors to execute a multitude of projects
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” attitude to assist with overall duties and additional programs as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
The base range for this position is $58,000 – 65,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure, and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans, and consumers is top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.