Event Executive (Luxury Automotive, Track Programs)
THE JOB / Event Executive, Luxury Automotive Track Programs
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a priority given to candidates open to hybrid work (2-3 days week in office) in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates with East Coast working hours as a prerequisite.”
Octagon is looking for an Event Executive to coordinate multiple elements for a large-scale national driving program for a luxury automotive client, traveling to different markets for multiple events across the country! The program will showcase the specialty performance line of the luxury automotive client’s vehicles through a combination of professional driving instruction on renowned racetracks in key US markets!
Events will take place from April - November on weekdays and weekends; travel days as well as off days are built into the schedule. The position will require travel, including working non-traditional hours during weekends, nights, and holidays, and may include assisting with the transport of the vehicle fleet.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Plan, implement and support overall event logistics for the nationwide driving program
- Active participation in weekly client, internal and vendor/partner status calls
- Maintain relationships and communication with various tracks nationwide
- Maintain relationships with agency partners and vendors
- Create program staff schedule including full-time and limited term employees
- Assist with key client relationships and creation of high-level results
- Schedule, train, and lead event product specialist teams
- Development of program guides and training materials for staff and program partners
- Develop key client relationships and responsible for execution upon receiving results
- Support analysis and assessment of all program vendors
- Serve as program lead onsite at select events
- Other related duties as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Automotive industry experience a plus
- Ability to supervise relationships with multiple partners
- Effective leadership skills to manage and mentor limited-term program staff
- Excellent communication, writing, and client service skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Willingness to work weekends, nontraditional hours, and travel extensively (including weekends)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- An attentive work ethic, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- All applicants will be asked to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Compensation + Benefits:
- L1: This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.