Event Executive, Experiences (Home Improvement Client)
THE JOB / Event Executive, Experiences
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
The Event Executive will execute and help plan marketing initiatives on behalf of a Home Improvement client. This position will help implement store Grand Opening events and support other miscellaneous store events as they occur. This position will also support the promotion of the client’s workshop platform, which could include sponsorship activation and other store events! The Event Executive will work closely with the internal Octagon team for the day-to-day management of the business, as well as with key players from the client team and other agency partners. The primary relationship properties will include local stores, grassroots/sponsorship events.
The Event Executive will be responsible for:
- Working with vendors and partners to implement client events and promotions
- Coordinate execution of client promotions and events, from planning to on-site set up and tear down
- Regular ongoing communication with the clients and vendors
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Planning and execution of various on-site activities and operations (i.e. catering, security, staffing, shipping, etc.)
- Writing event guidebooks, activation recaps and other event related documents
- Identify and manage outside vendors associated with implementing the overall projects/events
- Inventory management of event materials (i.e. merchandise, signage assets, promotional elements, etc.)
- Manage on-site staff including oversight of Brand Ambassadors, Event Coordinator and/or Intern duties
- Liaise with internal Octagon teams and key client departments and client’s agency partners (advertising, media, social, etc.) for related programming
- Support additional Octagon accounts and/or projects as needed
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Experience with event planning and execution
- At least 1 year of related experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and tackle problems effectively and independently
- Ability and comfort level to connect with consumers, potential consumers or fans in an event setting
- A sense of business process and how marketing, communications, and events are used to impact the bottom line and drive brand objectives
- Ability to manage relationships with key vendors and partners (e.g. venues, properties, suppliers, etc.)
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Willingness and flexibility to travel and work weekend/holidays as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Compensation + Benefits:
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.