Vice President, Global Hospitality
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for subject matter expertise planning and delivering global hospitality programs and events
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a priority given to candidates open to hybrid work (2-3 days a week in the office) in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates with East Coast working hours as a prerequisite.
Octagon is searching for a new Vice President, Global Hospitality to join our team as a leader and playmaker at the intersection of sports/entertainment and experiential marketing.
In this role, you will work closely with the SVP of Hospitality and oversee a globally distributed team for our payment services client will be responsible for leading all aspects of a Global Hospitality calendar of events. There will be a strong focus on team leadership and development, hospitality and working with and managing C-level executives.
To be successful, you’ll need to be an inspiring leader, an excellent communicator and have a ‘rolodex’ of industry contacts with excellent relationships and know how to identify the right opportunities to the right players. Experience managing global hospitality events and a global account team will be needed.
The position is best suited for a candidate passionate about working in a team environment with a diverse group of people from different cultural backgrounds and interested in managing multiple workstreams.
The work you’ll do
- Direct strategic planning, program development/execution and measurement for Octagon’s payment services client hospitality programs across high profile B2B/B2C events
- Full understanding of requirements to develop and implement hospitality programming such as creative development, vendor selection/management, operations and logistics planning, and onsite execution/decision making
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously, managing smaller-scale turn-key hospitality programs and supporting large-scale custom hosting experiences
- Oversee finance trackers, budgets and client scopes of work
The bigger team you’ll join
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
Who we’re looking for
- 10-14 years of work in the hosting and hospitality space, global sports experience (e.g. Olympics, World Cup, Golf etc.)is a major plus
- Crisp, effective verbal and written communicator able to scale and adapt communications for a variety of audiences to effectively and succinctly articulate agency positioning and expertise
- A strategic, collaborative approach to solving problems with ideas – build relationships and influence a range of teams. Successful at encouraging positive agency and client relationships
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strategic problem solver - can see possible impacts of a decision on many projects
- Willingness to travel extensively (50%), globally, as needed. As such, a valid US passport will be required
The base range for this position is $135,000 – 170,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure, and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.