Client Services Director
We are currently looking for a Client Services Director to play a primary role in leading one of our major clients as well as establishing a leadership role for the business in Singapore. As CSD, you will have scope and opportunity to extend your expertise to other existing client programs and development of new business opportunities. The role will report to a Managing Director, APAC and would also take part in broader internal planning for talent and the business holistically. You will work closely with the Client Services Director / Agency Lead Australia to help evolve and influence our role as a Creative Agency with clients and talent within the business to ensure we are delivery excellence and pushing the boundaries with our thinking and solutions.
You will play a pivotal role in building our brand and reputation within the local market, representing our organisation internally and externally. Within the agency you will be a trusted figure head, mentor, and all-round Play Maker to inspire those that surround you.
- Establish a role on the APAC leadership team for Singapore.
- Lead the Singapore Leadership team (flowing down goals & objectives, all key functional information and business updates from the APAC Leadership Team).
- Make decisions on project priorities and resource allocations and financial planning within the market (in consultation with MD, APAC).
- In collaboration with the APAC Leadership Team, develop and implement a marketing plan to raise Octagon’s presence in the Singapore market.
- Foster a positive work culture based on collaboration, open communication, and respect.
- Lead by example to drive Octagon values in daily management practices.
- Solicit and act on feedback to continuously improve the agency's culture.
Client & Team Senior Lead
- Be the senior POC and point of escalation for internal client team leads while instilling the ‘All in Play’ ways of working & ethos across our day-to-day dealings and delivery of work internally.
- Cultivate and manage relationship with one of Octagon’s major clients in APAC, to become the senior POC, escalation and advisor to them.
- Manage scoping conversations with the client, including proposals/costings, resource planning (internal), and ongoing tracking and reporting.
- Manage multiple projects daily, with a proactive approach to solve client problems & be able to recommend solutions in real-time.
- Strategic development and overall leadership of key client accounts and work streams, advising on the development, co-ordination, and implementation of plans for promoting the brand in the sponsorship and activation space.
New Business & Finance
- Recognise new business leads & drive business building opportunities with existing clients and broadly within the industry / local market.
Team & Client / Creative Service Excellence
- Develop a deep understanding of local market team's needs & objectives, review ways of working across disciplines i.e., Strategy, Planning, Creative & Client Service teams and support internal discussions, sharing of best practice to drive change in process & efficiencies for management of workload as we move into a new structure for the business.
- Ensure clients respect the ‘creative process’ and ways of working, timelines, expectations around feedback, value of expertise and offering from the Agency to support growth of services across current & new accounts.
Octagon APAC Marketing / Awareness
- Drive Singapore team to participate and support Octagon APAC social media (LinkedIn & Instagram) comms.
- Participate in the proactive development of Octagon’s POV material and thought leadership across the APAC region.
Skills and Experience
- 15 + years of experience in client service roles within a creative marketing agency
- Strong leadership, team management, and client relationship management skills
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem-solving, and communication abilities
- Proactive, results-oriented mindset with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience in new business development and pitching
- Experience in partnerships (in any category, traditional or media) or in sports, gaming, or entertainment
- A passionate and compassionate leader, able to oversee and inspire teams from planning through to execution.
- A brilliant communicator, able to articulate ideas, requirements, and expectations across all levels.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.