Senior Vice President, Global Hospitality
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for subject matter expertise planning and delivering global hospitality programs and events
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a priority given to candidates open to hybrid work (2-3 days a week in the office) in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates with East Coast working hours as a prerequisite.
Octagon is searching for a new Senior Vice President of Hospitality to lead our US-based global Hospitality group as a playmaker at the intersection of sports/entertainment and experiential marketing.
In this role, you will work closely with the EVP of Experiential, and oversee a team of 20+ hosting and hospitality experts where you will be tasked with growing, developing, managing, and supporting skills. You will also work with other Octagon specialties to develop go-to-market hospitality strategies and assist in new business pursuits.
To be successful, you’ll need to be a leader with vision, an excellent communicator, have a ‘Rolodex’ of industry contacts with excellent relationships, and know how to identify the right opportunities for the right players. Top candidates will have relevant Olympic/Paralympics and extensive golf experience; other global sporting events are a plus.
The work you’ll do
- Direct strategic planning, evaluation, program development/execution, and measurement of hospitality programs within Octagon’s portfolio
- Strategic program lead and subject matter expert for clients and teams; Construct program budgets, timelines, and SOWs
- Full understanding of requirements to develop and implement hospitality programming such as creative development, vendor selection/management, operations and logistics acumen, and onsite execution/decision-making
- Provide cohesive process and direction for collaboration between internal specialty areas to achieve integrated brand experiences
- Use relationships/industry contacts to identify new business opportunities and offer organic growth opportunities for existing clients
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously, managing smaller-scale turn-key hospitality programs and supporting large-scale custom hosting experiences
The bigger team you’ll join
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
Who we’re looking for
- 12 - 15 years of work in the hosting and hospitality space
- Extensive Olympic/Paralympic and Golf experience is required. Additional global sports experience is a major plus
- Crisp, effective verbal and written communicator able to scale and adapt communications for a variety of audiences to effectively and succinctly articulate agency positioning and expertise
- A strategic, collaborative approach to solving problems with ideas – build relationships and influence a range of teams. Successful at encouraging positive agency and client relationships
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strategic problem solver - can see possible impacts of a decision on many projects
- Willingness to travel extensively (50%), globally, as needed. As such, a valid US passport will be required
The base range for this position is $180,000 – 217,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure, and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.