Account Executive, Business Development Operations
THE JOB / Account Executive, Business Development Operations
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / Responsible for new-from-new business and brand communications.
We’re looking for our next playmaker on Octagon’s New Business team to join a fast-paced team on supporting the agency’s sales and marketing activity.
The New Business Account Executive will have an innate curiosity for the business of the sports & entertainment industry, and be comfortable wearing several hats when no two days look the same. You possess strong organizational, research, and analytical skills and a sophisticated capacity to project manage across the organization to both request and secure needed resources.
You’ll be responsible for staying on the pulse of what is going on in the industry as we look for our next big play. This playmaker will lead our prospecting database management, track engagements with prospects, be our go-to for brand and competitive research, and develop point-of-view documents for our internal team.
This isn’t your normal “sales” role – our business development approach is strategic and relationship focused. You’ll engage with members of the organization at every level and support our Octagon Marketing and Event efforts periodically.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support the development and on-going management of a prospecting database, working with the Director of New Business on proactive outreach through desk research, industry updates, key contact research and networking opportunities
- Be the go-to for research assignments and play a key role in developing our quarterly agency competitive report
- Lead administrative operations for the team – scheduling meetings, writing meeting agendas and notes, and proofreading documents and support project management efforts for inbound and outbound opportunities
- Maintain and update a catalogued database of case studies, along with “stock” or customized response information (e.g., Octagon capabilities, client roster, property experience etc.) that can be quickly accessed by Octagon colleagues
- Manage reporting and analysis documents on new business and marketing activity
- Support the sourcing, writing, and editing of our weekly internal agency newsletter
- Support a core team of senior executives with new business target research on brands and industries
- Assist our marketing efforts through content calendar planning, sourcing information for external posts, and coordination on marketing events
- Support the RFP/RFI response process, collaborating with various Octagon constituencies (Octagon Account Teams, Creative, Strategy, Experiential, Property Rights Consulting, Finance, Legal etc.) to project manage the development of custom responses
- Support periodic event planning needs, supporting event venue research and collaborating with finance and legal to ensure invoices are paid and contracts are reviewed
- Some travel required (potential for 1x a quarter, with opportunity for more as role develops)
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-2 years of experience with an agency or event / project management role
- Business development/sales or strategy/research experience is a plus
- Inherently and passionately proactive, chipping in beyond assigned work
- Excellent organizational / project management skills and significant attention to detail
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills. Comfortable designing slides for pitch materials and managing our internal agency pipeline
- Inquisitive with a genuine love of learning new things. You love a good research deep dive on a random topic!
- Self-driven, quick learner who can problem solve and find solutions. Not afraid to volunteer for a task before being asked to do it.
- Comfortable in a role where no two days are the same
- A “no job is too small or too big” attitude
- An ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written. Public speaking/presenting experience and comfortability engaging and managing up to Senior Executives
- You are coachable and are willing to adapt in a fast-paced work environment
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours with some weekend travel
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.