Senior Account Manager
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Account Manager to own the planning and execution of a global guest programme for one of our key technology clients in motorsport. The role requires experience and excellent understanding of in-person event operations, as well as excellent account management skills.
Supported by a Group Director and Senior Account Executive, the candidate will be responsible for delivering a series of exciting and exclusive guest experiences across the year, sourcing local suppliers, logistics planning, and on-the-ground event execution for a global F1 partnership programme.
If you have exceptional account and event management skills, are ready to step up and own the planning and delivery of a guest programme end-to-end, this could be the role for you.
Hospitality & Event Management
- Ownership of operational planning of a C-level Formula 1 hospitality and driving experience programme offering unique content, experiences, and best-in-class delivery
- Support strategic planning of programme and comms with Group Director, Strategy and Creative Teams
- Senior client stakeholder and rights holder management and coordination
- Logistical planning of detailed hospitality packages, including (but not limited to) race tickets, garage tours, paddock experiences, team appearances, accommodation, transportation and dinners
- Event development including (but not limited to) scheduling, logistics, health and safety, insurance, creative production, and briefing documentation providing in-depth brand relevant content and insight
- Research, procure, and contract relevant third-party suppliers
- Financial account management including the creation of budgets, tracking, and reconciliation
- Development and delivery of pre- and post-event reporting
- On-site management of C-suite level guests
Client Services & Account Management
- Leadership of client relationships, day-to-day account management, project management, internal team coordination
- Support the development of annual program strategy; driving through to execution
- Proactive thinking to foresee issues and propose solutions before they arise
- Financial management of invoices, vendor payments, budget tracking documents, and reporting and reconciliation on overall project finances
- Coordination with other global Octagon account teams to ensure efficiencies and best practices across regions
- Management of junior account staff, overseeing specific project workstream deliverables
- Devise and execute regular client inspiration sessions
- Reporting & optimisation of programme on an ongoing basis
This could be for you if:
- You have a passion for motorsports, with great knowledge, experience, and understanding of the landscape – particularly Formula 1 rights holders, teams, suppliers, and logistics
- You have experience with on-site event management and execution within motorsport, ideally in Formula 1
- You have outstanding organisation, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- You have strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritise multiple tasks, and produce quality work within deadlines
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You enjoy learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You’re a natural at building relationships with just about anyone at any level in an organisation
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to challenges
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines, departments and projects
- You are a real team player
- You have excellent computer skills – mastery of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- You have staff management experience
- You are willing to work weekends, holidays, and non-traditional hours, as required
We’re pleased to offer wide range of benefits, including (but not limited) to the following:
- Core benefits (available from start date) – flexible holiday allowance, AXA private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, pension scheme with 4.5% employer contribution, Employee Assistance Programme.
- Flexible benefits (available after probation) – Gymflex, dental insurance, travel insurance, health cash plan, Cycle scheme, interest-free season ticket loans
- A Flexible Workplace – we have a number of initiatives in place to ensure that our team have the flexibility to balance work with their lives, this includes flexible holiday allowance and flexible working options
- We also run a number of internal programmes to support physical and mental wellbeing, alongside learning and development opportunities to support career development and progression
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
How we see the world:
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
Have we got yours?
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.