Event Executive, Partner Marketing (Payment Services Client)
THE JOB / Event Executive, Partner Marketing (Payment Services Client)
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the Partner Marketing Team in managing relationships with a major payment services client supporting their key travel partner. The day-to-day includes coordinating event and activation logistics and assist in execution of programs and daily client communications and management. While you’re coordinating these programs, you’ll assist in brainstorming new programs to drive our clients’ partner marketing objectives.
If you are looking for an opportunity with planning and implementing events and activations of all sizes alongside a team who finds the fun in the chaos, this position is for you.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Provide support on all aspects of event programming; from initial brainstorm through execution (on-site and virtual) and wrap-up
- You will assist in day to day client communications across multiple programs
- Participate in developing tailored experiential event strategic plans
- Assist in numerous projects simultaneously, both large-scale custom experiences and smaller-scale events
- Help in management of materials related to individual events, including but not limited to: digital programs, invitations, ordering of premiums
- Create and foster relationships with internal and external partners as well as outside vendors and properties
- Facilitate program budgets and be diligent in all accounting and expense procedures
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion and expertise in experiential program management
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in an event management setting and with direct ownership or lead responsibilities over a project
- An excellent project manager and ability to handle multiple programs simultaneously
- Solid examples of your success in building strong client relationships
- Budget management and/or reconciliation experience
- A desire to supervise, manage and mentor more junior employees
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- A can-do attitude and a desire to succeed
- An interest in many verticals including, golf, culinary, entertainment, team sports and health & wellness
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel domestically (20%) and work weekends or holidays as needed
- Payment services industry and travel/airline industry knowledge is a plus
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.