Tour Manager, XM Visibility Fleet Tour
THE JOB / Tour Manager
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
The Tour Manager will assist the National Program Management team based in the execution of a nationwide driving program.
The tour will consist of (2) teams that will travel to major cities across the country and facilitate an experiential brand activation built around our client’s newest and most luxurious vehicle to date. Each team will consist of (3) members including (1) designated Tour Manager.
Events will take place on both weekdays and weekends; travel days as well as off days are built into the schedule. Tour lengths will vary, running approximately 8 weeks in total – however, exact tour routes and dates are not yet finalized. The tour will begin in Mid-October and end in early December.
The Tour Manager will be specifically responsible for leading their team and overseeing all aspects of the tour schedule, on-site venue communication, logistics, and execution of daily events. The Tour Manager will also be responsible for daily communication with the Management Team as well as advance communications with each venue. The Tour Manager is also expected to assist in all aspects of event execution on-site.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Oversee and assist in executing all on-site activities
- Ensure that tour staff is meeting all event execution expectations
- Communicate in advance with hosts of upcoming events
- Serve as a direct liaison between management staff and tour team members
- Responsible for maintenance and security of all tour equipment
- Set daily schedules and assignments
- Book hotel travel for entire tour team
- Answer product related questions
- Review and approve weekly submitted expense reports
- Diplomatically solve any personnel issues within the tour team
- Ensure that event attendees have a positive and engaging experience while on-site
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, automotive, luxury and/or pop culture
- Passion for luxury automotive a strong plus
- 4-5+ years’ worth of previous tour management experience
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Ability and comfort level to communicate with consumers, potential consumers or fans in an event setting
- Willingness to travel extensively (including weekends and holidays) for weeks at a time
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Manager: The pay for this role is $6,000 per month.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.