Experiential Director, Tradeshows (Financial Services Client)
THE JOB / Experiential Director, Financial Services Client (Events)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.***
Have you been to more Tradeshows and Conventions than you can remember but still cannot get enough?
Do you see the standard Tradeshow event as a blank canvass to develop outstanding and engaging interactions with attendees but also understand the complexity of balancing brand objectives and creating fulfilling consumer experiences?
Do you know what it takes create successful branded experiences and have the relationships, networks and experience to bring it to life?
If the answer is yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you. We are looking for an Experiential Director to help expand the success of our clients’ programming at B2B events and Tradeshows. As an Event Director, you will be the day-to-day account lead for all aspects of our client’s Tradeshow programming. This includes event planning, coordination of concept development with our creative and account teams, design and development of program, management of staff, oversight of on-site planning & activation, and oversight of program budgets. This person will work closely with our clients from briefing and planning to on-site execution and recapping.
In addition to being the lead on this account, the Event Director will lead a team of (2) coordinators to handle client communication and work flow, prioritize account tasks, work under pressure and lead the successful activation of programming in a deadline oriented environment.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead planning and implementation of 60+ events, including travel to marquee events
- Focused on overall project management, agendas, budget, communication, etc.
- Develop work flow timeline, planning and program execution and measurement
- Build templates of program description and event concepts for internal client presentations
- Create and present professional documents, including event briefs and post event recaps
- Create and handle event staffing schedules
- Day to day contact with Manager to ensure needs are being met
- Lead and execute on-site activities including pre-communication with show organizers, event set-up, engaging the clients on staffing, premium distribution and event breakdown
- Provide oversight, management, leadership and direction to direct reports: Senior Coordinator and Event Coordinators
- Other Administrative duties and related duties as assigned
- Lead day-today communication with client, internal service groups and 3rd party vendors to fulfill activation asset(s) and premium needs
- Lead procurement, contracting and execution of all 3rd party products and/or services vendor(s) to drive maximum program success
- Trade show equipment (of varying configurations) and logistics management
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for and expertise in tradeshows and conventions, B2B events, sports, entertainment, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 7-10 year(s) work experience in event marketing/event production/tradeshow execution
- Utmost attention to detail and proactive management of ongoing tasks
- Experience handling program budgets and actively tracking of program costs
- Leadership presence, with the ability to communicate concisely, persuasively and effectively, through both written and verbal mediums
- History of building positive relationships, both internally and externally – finding opportunities to add new value with every interaction
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under short deadlines and lead a team
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple programs and work streams
- Outstanding organization skills a standard of excellence and consistency across your team
- Not afraid to “pitch in”, “roll up your sleeves” and get it done. Takes initiative
- Have demonstrated experience in positions requiring discretion, judgment, tact, and poise and you are absolutely reliable and trustworthy
- Can lead client meetings, staff planning and keep all parties on task, on time and on budget
- Can empower others, driving team to success
- Have the ability to forecast and mitigate issues/challenges effectively
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend/holiday travel
- Willingness to travel to various event sites throughout the U.S.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than eight hours at a time
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Compensation + Benefits:
Director: The base range for this position is $70,000 – 90,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too.
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.