Event Executive, Lifestyle – Culinary and Arts & Culture (Payment Services Client)
THE JOB / Event Executive
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT or New York, NY.***
Does working with celebrity chefs hosting once in a lifetime dinner parties in one of a kind locations sound like a dream come true? Do you have an interest in the arts - everything from Broadway to ballet? Are you passionate about hospitality and white glove service? This may be your next big move.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our dynamic team to support our top of the line Lifestyle campaign for our payment services client. The Lifestyle campaign will consist of in person and virtual custom dinner events where you will manage partner and vendor relationships, plan events through execution and provide client deliverables. In this position you will also assist in managing yearly sponsorships of iconic Arts & Culture properties.
Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, a strong communicator and quick problem solver. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative, is a self-starter, and is comfortable taking the lead and voicing their opinions and ideas. If you are looking for a mix of sponsorship and event planning experience this position is for you!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Act as day-to-day contact for key clients
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients, vendors, venue operators, and partners
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of planning and implementing events (all logistics: pre, during, and post, from researching venues to wrap reports, budgets, and timelines)
- Deliver unique, custom event solutions to key program collaborators, internally and externally, on a regular basis
- Maintain and seek creative ways to improve partner relationships, as well as vendors and properties
- Improve the value of the sponsorship assets and programs
- Manage approvals of sponsorship branding and messaging onsite and in digital collateral
- Handle numerous projects simultaneously, leading smaller-scale turn-key event experiences and supporting large scale custom event experiences
- Own finance paperwork and documentation (Creation of POs, job codes and adding new clients as vendors into our systems)
- Develop post event wrap-up emails and decks to clients directly following events and compile end of year recaps
- Attend events while serving as a main point of contact for vendors, guests, client and partners
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A fan or expert of celebrity & lifestyle culture, food, travel, Broadway, dance and the arts
- At least 1+ year(s) of agency/client service experience and/or marketing experience
- A standout colleague who loves to share their opinion and solve problems but can also work independently
- Outgoing person who can help maintain relationships with key partners (e.g. venues, vendors, suppliers, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills, to share updates directly with clients
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work, while adhering to strict timelines (ex: reporting documents, client facing decks, budgets)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Willingness to work long hours and travel on weekends/holidays as needed
- Knowledge in budget management and/or reconciliation experience is desirable, but not required
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.