Business Development & Marketing Manager
We are looking for a Business Development & Marketing Manager to join Octagon, the leading creative marketing agency specialising in sport, entertainment and culture.
As the Business Development & Marketing Manager, you will play a crucial role in identifying new business opportunities, developing strategic partnerships, and implementing effective marketing strategies. You will work on developing and executing business development plans, foster client relationships, and enhance the agency's market presence. The ideal person will have previous experience in business development and in marketing within the advertising industry, and a strategic, ambitious mindset.
The Business Development & Marketing Manager will report into the UK Managing Director, Joel Seymour-Hyde, and be responsible for driving the agency’s sales and marketing activity across the Octagon Sports and Entertainment network largely in the UK with occasional support for the European offices on strategic initiatives or high value opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
- Driving the development, implementation and monitoring of the annual new business and marketing strategy.
- Lead on proactive business development strategies and building relationships with brands
- Manage and filter inbound invitations to pitch
- Collaborate with the creative and account management teams to develop innovative advertising campaigns and strategies that meet client objectives.
- Lead the project management of RFIs, RFPs and Presentations from kick off to debrief managing critical paths, client communications and workflow from cross departmental teams.
- Stay updated with industry trends, market insights, and competitor analysis to identify new growth opportunities.
- Represent the agency at industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities to enhance brand visibility and build strategic partnerships.
- Collaborate with internal teams to streamline processes, improve workflow efficiency, and ensure client satisfaction.
- Management of agency collateral and infrastructure particularly case studies and supporting content.
- Implement the agency’s marketing strategy across all channels including website, social media, internal channels, press and events.
- Work in collaboration with our Global Comms and PR Manager for Europe.
- Managing and developing new business and marketing collateral. To include credentials, introductory presentations, agency promotional material including press releases, case studies, and social posts.
- Development of RFIs, agency credentials for initial meetings.
- Proven experience in business development & marketing with a strong track record in successfully acquiring new business.
- Strong understanding of the sports and entertainment marketing landscape
- Excellent IT skills particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Has the ability to energize a room
Octagon is a global creative agency in sports, entertainment and culture.
We’re part of a wider family of agencies – the Octagon Sports & Entertainment Network (OSEN) – a group of specialist agencies working with brands, athletes, and celebrities. These sister agencies include R&CPMK, Futures Sport & Entertainment, FRUKT and No2ndPlace. We’re all part of the Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG), one of the world’s most respected advertising networks.
Founded in 1982 with over 800 employees around the globe. Our Headquarters is in Stamford, Connecticut with further offices around the world including: New York, LA, Miami, McLean, Sao Paulo, Johannesburg, Sydney, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, Paris, Frankfurt, Munich, Barcelona, Madrid, London and Manchester.
We believe that great brands own an idea in the minds of their audience. For Apple, it’s creativity. For Nike, it’s performance. For BMW it’s Joy. For Coca-Cola, it’s happiness. For Mastercard, it’s priceless experiences.
At Octagon, it’s all in Play.
We inspire brands and people to play.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.