Project Manager (6-Month Contract)
What is the role?
This role requires the right attitude and approach that adds to the work through finding innovative solutions to client demands, tight budgets and challenging timelines.
This is first and foremost a client facing role. Working seamlessly with the Account Lead, Lead Planner and ECD to set the strategic direction of the project, and ensure each project delivers on its objectives and the overall client goals.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day task management of assigned projects and is ultimately responsible for planning and coordinating activities to ensure that the project outcomes are positive, project goals are accomplished, and client needs are met. They ensure that each project scope is defined, create and manage the project plan, and provide direction to all members of the team.
Key Responsibilities / Skills
- Lead the client relationship for project delivery, really get under the skin of their business and act as the first point of contact for all creative delivery topics.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in effective project planning, setup, traffic, budget control, scoping, project tracking and reporting, risk and issue analysis and quality assurance.
- Manage your own clients and projects – be involved from the initial kick off, after which you define the approach, scope and costs for projects. Have the knowledge and ability to direct projects through the agency.
- Prepare detailed project plans, status reports and risk and issue logs, and work with the wider project team to carefully manage client’s expectations.
- Ensure the correct processes are followed and standard templates are used to produce project documentation – SOWs, briefs, burn reports etc.
- Deliver your projects to schedule, and within agreed margin and budget variances set at the beginning of the project. Actively manage the scope of your projects, using contingency and change orders as required.
- Manage and identify the right team members for the project, and work with the resource manager to schedule your resources in a timely way.
- Day to day leadership of your own projects, managing varying levels of colleagues and be confident in dealing with challenging and conflicting situations.
- Manage project teams and address delivery and performance issues, undertake tasks to build team morale.
- Hold responsibility for the quality of the creative output of the project deliverables and communications.
- Manage any regular full team weekly meetings & diary placements, i.e. internal, client, stakeholder WIP’s, or others
- Communicate the status of your projects both internally and to the client, and actively manage risks and issues.
- Monitor the budget, margin and supplier costs from estimate to completion and report on these weekly.
- Ensure revenue & cost recognition across your projects is always kept accurate and up to date.
- Work with the Finance Team to ensure timely and accurate invoicing and payment of third-party suppliers.
- Ensure accurate timesheet completion for your team and projects.
- Work closely with GAD to ensure all account financials across all projects are managed and updated monthly, SOW’s drafted & signed, internal paperwork completion, client invoicing and working with team members to ensure reconciliations are on track, capacity tracking
Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with at least 3 to 5 years’ industry experience.
- excellent skills in effective project planning, setup, traffic, budget control, scoping, project tracking and reporting, risk and issue analysis and quality assurance.
- Experience managing projects in an agency environment
- Experience in cross-cultural delivery or globally collaborate teams
- Strong skills with MS Office suite including MS Teams
- A passion and interest in the power of sports and entertainment
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.