Account Executive, Hospitality (Payment Services Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.***
Do you enjoy attending exciting events and love travel and adventure?
We are seeking an Account Executive to join our dynamic global team to support a major payment services client and their Priceless Experiences travel program.
The program incorporates unique sports/culinary/entertainment elements coupled with travel destinations worldwide.
As an Account Executive, you will be part of a team responsible for the development and creation of pre-event planning documents, and daily program operations, and will play a key role in the onsite implementation of consumer hospitality programs.
In this position, you will work on multiple projects simultaneously, delivering a collection of experiences throughout the year. Additionally, this role offers an outstanding opportunity to learn event planning and client hospitality while working collaboratively and interacting with various internal divisions, client partners/vendors, and consumers.
The ideal candidate will come in with an understanding that no detail is too small and it’s all about providing a flawless delivery for our client – a task that often requires in-the-moment problem solving, outstanding interpersonal skills, strong time management, and the ability to effectively prioritize.
This position requires travel and is best suited for those interested in working in a team environment with a diverse group of people from different countries and cultural backgrounds.
The work you’ll do
- Coordinate and support the planning and execution of events including travel, vendor engagement, event hosting, tracking budget, and recap decks
- Serve as program lead onsite at select events while serving as a main point of contact for vendors, guests, clients, and partners
- Begin to develop subject matter expertise in client hospitality
- Contribute to the day-to-day event management as part of a larger team
- Run numerous projects simultaneously, managing smaller-scale turn-key event experiences and supporting large-scale custom event experiences
- Support the account team with our daily functions, like meeting agendas/notes, storage, and merchandise
- Support finance management, budget tracking, and timely reporting
- Foster trusted relationships with the team and clients
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- A passion for hospitality, travel, sports, entertainment, and live events
- 0-1 year of experience; agency/event planning or project management experience preferred
- A diligent work ethic, with the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work, while adhering to deadlines (ex: recap decks, budgets)
- Shown ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, and solve problems
- Have superb communication skills, both oral and written. Fluency in multiple languages is ideal.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Ready and willing to work long hours and travel on weekends/holidays as needed (up to 35%), with a valid US passport
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible, and has a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans, and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.