Account Executive, Client Services-College Football (Home Improvement Client)
THE JOB / Account Executive – Home Improvement Client, College Football
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
Do you have a passion for traveling and college football? Want to be a part of the biggest games every week? If so, this is the role for you! Our client, a well-known home improvement retailer, has long standing ties with College GameDay and needs a passionate, self-starter to assist in bringing this best-in-class partnership to life each week. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in college football while getting a unique opportunity to learn on-site event management & activation, large scale event planning, and more.
As our Account Executive, you will be a key member of the larger team both on-site and in the office. Events will take place on weekends and includes working non-traditional hours.
The right candidate will be able to work as part of a cohesive team and will need to engage with internal Octagon divisions, client partners & vendors, and consumers. This position requires strong team dynamic skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Plan and implement activations for weekly on-site broadcasts, including coordinating weekly hospitality and activation elements, making travel arrangements, and coordinating on-site materials (shipping and tracking of promotional items, signage, collateral, etc.)
- Write event guidebooks, activation recaps and other event related documents
- Communicate directly with client, property, vendor and school partners
- Record and report program data including participant information, social media metrics, post-event surveys, store manager and customer comments, etc.
- Manage finance paperwork and documentation (e.g. processing of POs, invoices, expenses and setting up new vendors)
- Assist with oversight of limited term employees
- Other related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
- Travel to broadcast locations regularly for the activation and supervision of client’s on-site programming - including non-traditional hours, nights, and weekends
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- 1-2 years of relevant sponsorship and/or agency experience
- Experience in event execution
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our clients’ industry, brand and product offering
- Detail-oriented; ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within strict timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to tackle problems optimally and independently
- Superior organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.