Account Executive, U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Partnerships (Airline Client)
THE JOB / Account Executive, U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Partnerships (Airline Client)
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
Are you looking to build a career in client services? Are you inspired to embark on a journey to support a property and global tradition that dates to ancient Greece? If you have an insatiable desire to keep climbing toward potential, this is the role for you!
Our client is an award-winning airline known for its innovation and connecting communities where their customers and employees live and work. We are searching for an Account Executive who will provide support to the client’s U.S. Olympic and Paralympic partnerships.
This position is best suited for a candidate inspired by working in a fast-paced team environment. Candidates should possess strong writing, communication, organizational and research skills, with an ability to multi-task various projects and partners.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Day-to-day administrative support of an airline client
- Develop processes and templates to keep the client organized
- Monitor program results and execution by properties, agencies, and vendors
- Lead asset tracking and approvals with U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Properties
- Support and grow key relationships with partner agencies and vendors
- Develop activation guides and post-program recaps
- Manage and track weekly status calls, including agendas, call notes and follow ups
- Support account billing processes including budgets and vendor payments
- Coordinate the storage and management of the client’s event collateral
- Assist with athlete asset tracking, travel and briefing documents
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Passion for the international sport industry and a desire to become an Olympic and Paralympic subject matter expert
- Superb research skills and ability to provide in-depth rationale
- 1+ years of experience, preferably within an agency or client service / project management experience
- An ability to adjust to changing deliverables based on client needs
- Highly organized and able to oversee hundreds of assets
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and solve problems effectively and independently
- A desire to grow, both personally and professionally
- The approach that no job is too small or too big
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend travel as needed
- A valid passport, or the ability to obtain a passport upon hire
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.