Group Director, B2B Hospitality (Payment Services Client and Global Hospitality Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and driving events and white glove hospitality programming
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.***
We are searching for a Group Director who will be responsible for leading all aspects of a Global Hospitality calendar of events across two global Fortune 500 brands with annual projects spanning golf, global soccer, tennis, award shows, F1 and more! This position will have a strong focus on project management, hospitality, and working with C-level executives.
This position is best suited for a candidate passionate about working in a team environment with a diverse group of people from different cultural backgrounds and interested in managing multiple workstreams. If you are looking to work in the epicenter of sports marketing and sponsorship across two major brands, this role is for you!
The position will allow the Group Director to oversee the development and execution of world-class hospitality programs, manage a cross-functional team and deliver white glove service in a fast-paced environment.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Lead and empower project teams on multiple programs to plan and execute high-profiled B2B events
- Serve as an experiential expert to ideate on innovative ways to convey client messaging through events and hospitality
- Work closely with our Hospitality team to develop hospitality plans and program recommendations in support of clients’ goals and objectives
- Manage finance trackers, budgets, and program reconciliations
- Develop sales decks and presentations to be presented to internal and external audiences
- Implement management routines and protocols to foster an environment for thoughtful ideation, critical review, and transparent communication of program updates across teams/clients
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 8-12 years of work experience in hospitality or experiential marketing
- Strong leadership presence, with the ability to communicate concisely, persuasively, and effectively, across multiple mediums
- Passion for hospitality, sports, entertainment & travel, and events/experiences, ranging from large-scale custom experiences to small-scale turnkey events
- Think of yourself as a people leader who is invested in the success of the team first
- Your organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, are outstanding
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- A positive mindset, with a “no job is too small” approach
- History of building positive relationships, both internally and externally – finding chances to create valuable contributions with every interaction
- Able to prioritize multiple projects with ease, handle deadlines, coordinate key timelines, and perform under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend/holiday travel
- Willingness to travel to various event sites throughout the U.S. and globally
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
The base range for this position is $90,000 – 110,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure, and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.