Senior Account Executive, Client Services (Financial Services Client)
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for supporting Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.***
Ready to manage an ever-expanding partnership portfolio within sports, entertainment, and inclusive programming? You’ll support our team in working closely with our clients, as well as internal groups (Strategy, Creative, Experiences) and external agencies, to develop programs across a spectrum of campaigns. You’ll collaborate on a collection of programs and experiences that embody our client’s brand while harnessing the uniqueness and spirit of each campaign.
Still with us? Cool. Because we need an all-star to join our team. You thrive in a team environment, have a passion for learning and getting better every day, crafting cool experiences, and are able to work at a dynamic pace, love details, and take pride in doing what it takes to get the job done. You will be reporting to the Account Manager.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Prepare necessary documents supporting strategic planning and ideation, sponsorship evaluations, competitive reviews, POVs, property research, etc.
- Support day-to-day team functions to help the team succeed
- Coordinate projects with agency partners and internal Octagon resources. Work closely with financial clients, inter-agency specialty groups, and agency partners
- Develop a working knowledge and understanding of financial service client’s business initiatives and marketing trends, serving as a subject matter expert as you build your knowledge base
- Additional projects as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-4 years of experience in sports marketing and/or client management
- A passion and expertise in sports, CSR programs, entertainment, gaming, music, and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Able to foster relationships – internally and externally – and find opportunities to add value to every interaction
- Coachable and willing to adapt to a fast-paced work environment, with a mindset that no job is too small or too big
- Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A go-getter, you demonstrate initiative and embrace new challenges
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend travel
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
This position pays $50,000, is overtime-eligible, and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.