PROJECT MANAGEMENT / Responsible for managing operations, resourcing, and project delivery for Sponsorship Strategy and Digital Strategy teams.
** Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates who are able to work on EST hours.**
Our next Project Manager will be joining an award-winning team of marketers. The team you will support is the engine that powers much of the other work that is developed at Octagon. Thus a curiosity (though, not necessarily experience) regarding sports sponsorship, digital media, and marketing strategy, in general, will serve you and the team well. If you got that dog in you and aren't afraid to hold all levels of colleagues accountable, you'll fit into the team right away!
This isn't your standard Project Manager role - we're looking for someone with a history as a resourceful operations and traffic manager, someone comfortable with resource planning, with the ability to check egos at the door, and to assist in the delivery of impactful results for our clients.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
Project and Resource Management
- Receive all new work internal project requests via Smartsheet and consult with the team lead on appropriate team involvement
- Assign work to accurate resources using Float or similar Resource Management Software
- Run weekly team status meetings
- Update status tracker with project and retainer work
- Build timelines as needed for project delivery
- Supervise the progress of projects to ensure accurate support is provided to team members.
- Integrate: manage communication between strategy and digital teams to promote teamwork
- Monitor and track team PTO
- Manage project financial process, including assistance in RFPs and SOWs, drafting/delivery, and crafting program estimates.
- Handle vendor management, including gathering production estimates from vendors, invoice processing, new vendor onboarding, and more.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Collaborate with peers in other teams (Experiences, Creative, Client Services, etc.) on the design and execution of standard operating procedures
- Maintain and handle a list of subscriptions and lead annual tools review for Team
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years of program management experience, preferably in an agency (creative, digital, advertising, or marketing) setting, with a proven track record in project delivery for large brands
- Strong project leadership skills in addition to a fundamental understanding of the traditional marketing cycle from brief and conception through production to launch
- An initiative-taker who likes being in control of projects
- Easy-going and likable, but cannot be pushed around
- Has the ability to build systems and processes and may even consider ‘Organization’ your middle name
- Ability to empower team members to complete the work vital to meet critical client demands
- Understanding of how to handle revenue, staffing, and other resource management.
- Ability to work with operational partners and vendors to implement a multitude of projects
- Experience developing and managing a budget
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” attitude to assist with overall duties and additional programs as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
The base range for this position is $55,000 – 68,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure, and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans, and consumers is top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.