Account Executive, Team Sports Partnerships (Health and Wellness Client)
THE JOB / Account Executive, Team Sports Partnerships (Health and Wellness Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Do you love solving problems and bringing cool, consumer experiences to life? How about doing all of this with some of the biggest properties in sports? We’re searching for an Account Executive to support all aspects of the client’s experiential marketing programs across their portfolio of team partnerships, including event planning, on-site support, vendor management and communication with internal and external partners for activations.
You’ll utilize project management expertise working as part of a team, while thinking on your feet and solving problems independently. This person will work closely with the Senior Account Executive who owns the concepting and execution of a large scale, mobile activation project. The right candidate will work collaboratively with the account team that manages the day-to-day client services responsibilities within the sports sponsorship portfolio, along with key players on the client team, their agency and property partners.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support all planning and execution for 30+ events, including development of activation plans, measurement/tracking tools and recap decks
- Coordinate the execution of on-site activities including set-up, participant engagement, event breakdown and results tracking
- Coordinate and manage event vendors, brand ambassadors and other key stakeholders/contributors to secure the best possible results for the client
- Serve as program lead onsite at select events
- Begin to develop subject matter expertise on branded experiences
- Foster trusted relationships with clients and partners
- Understand clients’ values and voice while leading consumer-facing communication
- Contribute to the day-to-day partnership management as part of a larger team
- Support the account team with our daily functions, like meeting agendas and notes
- Track health and wellness activation trends and competitor partnerships and activation activity
- Support cost management, budget tracking and timely reporting
- Development of run of shows and training materials for staff and program partners
- Balance related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for sports, entertainment, gaming, music, health and wellness, community service and/or celebrity culture
- 1+ years of experience in a related field
- Experience with not-for-profits and/or basketball and soccer properties, leagues and/or teams is a plus
- Experience working across logistical and tactical projects
- Previous work with various partners, such as teams, vendors, suppliers
- Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express your thoughts clearly and optimally
- A sense of humor and positive approach
- Willingness to assist the team as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Flexibility to travel domestically and work weekends/holidays as needed
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.