Account Manager, Experiential (Automotive Client)
THE JOB / Account Manager, Experiential (Automotive Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.***
If you have knowledge and experience planning events, working with teams and vendors to accomplish goals, and organizing information to adhere to timelines, this opportunity is for you! Our team is searching for an Account Manager on exciting new piece of business for an automotive client.
But what will I do? Glad you asked. You’ll become a driving force in every detail of a multi-faceted experiential program. You’ll collaborate with internal and external teams to develop and execute one-of-a-kind experiences! Most importantly, you will bring smiles to the faces of participants at every event as we create authentic connections to each consumer.
Still with us? Cool. Because this role will be integral in continuing to grow our team of creative experiential experts. We are looking for someone that is eager to try new things, dig in, and work through complexity while having a lot of fun along the way.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Be the general contractor, collaborating with a variety of specialty groups and vendors, internally and externally, to bring experiential programs to life
- Management of a direct report, leading all aspects of their career development
- Tackle sophisticated problems by thinking creatively and always being solution oriented
- Host client and vendor/partner status calls during planning, providing relevant updates and ensuring deadlines are met
- Lead on-site staff and partners at events and activations
- Handle program budgets independently
- Produce proposal decks and activation/execution guides
- Build intricate schedules and timeline documents critical to best-in-class events
- A moderate amount of domestic event travel will be required throughout the year, including nights and weekends
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for producing and managing events in the sports, entertainment, or automotive field
- 5-7 years of work experience in event production or experiential marketing
- Flexibility to take on leadership or support roles, working well within a team-centric environment
- Effective communicator both in persuasive and concise speech and written documents/ communication
- Proactive, problem solver, and doer
- Managing and prioritizing multiple projects with varying timelines and needs
- A knack and passion for being ‘in the weeds’ figuring out sophisticated problems and leading teams to ultimate goals
- Willingness to work non-traditional event hours and travel for work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint
- Passion or experience with automotive or travel-centric brands preferred but not required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than 8 hours at a time
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Compensation + Benefits:
Manager: The base range for this position is $60,000 – 70,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.