Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Requisition ID: 9701
The Accountant will work in close partnership with the Senior Finance Manager, supporting across project revenue and cost accounting, reporting and general finance support for the agency.
- Review of client contracts to ensure appropriate revenue recognition method
- Reconciliation of revenue & WIP at month end
- Support agency staff in reconciliation of project/job costs
- WIP management: billings, transfers and write offs
- Balance sheet and P&L commentaries on variances
- Project set up
- All month/quarter/year end tasks including accrual & deferrals of both revenue and cost
- Monthly review of balance sheet
- Other general finance tasks including; overseeing billing process, general vendor management, reviewing staff business travel expense claims, intercompany accounting and reconciliations, compliance with SOX and IPG’s SP&P policy, assisting with internal & external audits, training of non-finance team, time sheet management and ad hoc duties as required.
- 3+ years’ experience in general accounting. Previous experience working in the marketing or media industry will be an advantage
- Accounting Graduate
- Studying towards CPA/CA (Part qualified)
- Experience with budgeting & forecasting
- Strong revenue recognition principals
- SAP experience preferred but not essential
- Intermediate to advance skills in excel
What’s in it for you?
- A fun, inclusive and high-performance culture
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.