Account Director, Client Services (Insurance Client)
THE JOB / Account Director, Client Services (Insurance Client)
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
***Our headquarters is in Norwalk, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Norwalk, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.***
The Account Director will be responsible for leading all aspects of the planning, development, and execution of sponsorship marketing and strategic planning efforts on behalf of our insurance client and their sports marketing portfolio. The responsibilities include serving as the lead with our clients and agency partners on thought leadership, portfolio management, and strategic planning for the client’s local and national sponsorship investments.
As part of their responsibilities, the AD will work directly with team and league contacts and client staff to ensure fulfillment of all contractual assets and flawless partnership execution on a day-to-day basis. These duties include the development, maintenance, and execution of customized and comprehensive project plans for each property, as well as a regularly scheduled status report that will keep all parties associated with the project fully abreast of ongoing activity and progress with each element of the sponsorship platform. These include budget, event staffing (if required), creative content, communications, as well as management of third-party vendors and their associated deliverables.
The ideal candidate should have a strong client management background and display the following characteristics: highly organized and detail oriented, consistently meets deadlines, strong written and verbal communication skills, previous experience in developing tactical recommendations and strong working knowledge of the sports sponsorship industry. This person will report to the Group Director, with responsibility to oversee and lead the day-to-day relationships with our clients’ primary teams, agencies and local market contacts.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Serve as subject matter expert of client business objectives and marketing campaigns to provide strong direction and thought leadership on use of sponsorships to achieve marketing goals
- Serve as subject matter expert on client’s sponsorship portfolio including terms, assets, financials and property processes, procedures and structure
- Lead in the development of short and long-term strategic planning across client’s sponsorship portfolio and with each individual partner assigned
- Lead day-to-day property relationships including oversight of the asset allocation process related to sponsorship platform
- Run all monthly and other key meetings with both internal and external constituents and external agencies
- Oversee creation of presentations, progress reports, recaps and other strategic documents on programming
- Build and lead all aspects of program budgets, project management tools and timelines
- Handle and lead 1-2 direct reports, both at the Account Manager level, inclusive of client-related needs and their individual professional development
- Implement client’s sponsorship portfolio, including branded and custom content coordination, media strategy & execution, and continuous portfolio evaluation
- Assist in the design, preparation and presentation of strategic recommendations to leverage partnerships toward client business objectives
- Ensure various agency stakeholders are aligned and advised on timelines, as well as keep projects moving alongside target deadlines and budgets
- Assess and evaluate existing, new and proposed sponsorship agreements and assets
- Additional projects as assigned, which may include: sponsorship evaluations, competitive reviews, POVs, white papers, property research, etc.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of proven experience in sports sponsorship strategy and account management. Team sports or property experiences strongly preferred
- Prior experience in contract negotiation, evaluating proposals, and overseeing execution of contractual assets
- Prior people management experience required
- Prior budget and asset management experience required
- Shown success at providing high-level client service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities at any given time
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend travel
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Compensation + Benefits:
Director: The base range for this position is $70,000 – 90,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.