Account Manager, Team Sports Partnerships (Health and Wellness Client)
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
** Ideal candidates will be located in Los Angeles, CA but the location of this position can be flexible with strong preferences for those working remotely in San Diego or the greater Los Angeles area.
Are you looking for that next challenge as you build your career in client services? Do you want to build strategic sports marketing programs? This may be the right opportunity for you!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Account Manager to help handle a non-profit healthcare system’s soccer and baseball sponsorship portfolio. This position involves, but is not limited to, strategy, creative development and execution, day-to-day client/partner management, activation budget planning/management, hospitality, and experiential activation.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly organized, solutions-oriented multitasker who welcomes the opportunity to manage a small team. This position requires excellent communication and time management skills, acute attention to detail, client and partner management, and relationship building amongst constituents to work as part of a team to bring partnerships to life.
The Account Manager will work closely with a Group Director who oversees the client’s overall sponsorship portfolio.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead planning of team partnership assets and support client business objectives
- Oversee several projects simultaneously across multiple partnerships as a key member of the Kaiser Permanente account team
- Build relationships with client and partner teams for optimal partnership strategy and program execution
- Manage creative concept implementation and execution across team partners, including trafficking materials
- Identify and manage both outside vendors and internal Octagon specialty groups to deliver outstanding work
- Foster teamwork and development of junior team members
- Provide on-site program management needs as necessary, as well as management of multiple activations simultaneously at each event
- Manage budgets and finances related to partnerships
- Prepare formal documentation for projects, including program overviews, recap summaries, agency POVs, budgets, and yearly activation plans
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility. Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4-6 years of sponsorship/brand marketing experience
- Experience or interest in soccer and/or baseball is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of sponsorship management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional client service and outstanding organizational skills, careful attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and on a deadline
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” attitude to assist with overall account team duties and additional programs as needed
- Experience creating and delivering presentations
- Experience managing relationships, including team partners, vendors, suppliers, and assets
- Experience handling and maintaining a budget or budgets
- Demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability and flexibility with weekend and some holiday work as needed, and travel as necessary
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
The base range for this position is $60,000 – 70,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.