New Business and Marketing Executive
Location: Hybrid/Flexible – London office
Reports to: Business Development & Marketing Director
We are looking for a New Business and Marketing Executive to come and join Octagon, the leading creative marketing agency specialising in sport, entertainment and culture.
The New Business & Marketing Executive will report into the Business Development & Marketing Director and be responsible for supporting the agency’s sales and marketing activity across the Octagon Sports and Entertainment network largely in the UK with occasional support for the European offices on strategic initiatives or high value opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the New Business and Marketing Director on the development, implementation and monitoring of the annual new business and marketing strategy.
- Developing and owning a robust prospecting plan and proactive outreach through desk research, media review, industry updates, key contact research and networking events.
- Lead the project management of RFIs, RFPs and Presentations from kick off to debrief managing critical paths, client communications and workflow from cross departmental teams.
- Managing reporting and analysis on new business and marketing activity
- Managing agency social channels and social groups
- Management of agency documents and infrastructure particularly case studies and supporting content.
- Implement the agency’s marketing strategy across all channels including website, social media, internal channels, press and events.
- Managing and developing new business and marketing collateral. To include credentials, introductory presentations, agency promotional material including press releases, case studies, and social posts.
- Development of RFIs, agency credentials for initial meetings.
- A self starter with a pro-active and positive mindset
- Problem solver who sees challenges as opportunities
- Happy to challenge norms and suggest new ways of doing things
- Able to adapt quickly to different situations and personality types
- 1-2 year’s relevant experience in (but not limited to) agency, new business and/or marketing roles
- Proven sales experience, with a creative approach to business development.
- Understanding and/or interest of the sports and entertainment marketing landscape
- Excellent IT skills particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Good design skills and attention to detail
- Confident and articulate communicator and presenter, both face to face and over the telephone
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills from junior account executive to C-Suite
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
HOW WE SEE THE WORLD
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.