Director, Content Sales and Production
THE JOB / Director, Content Sales and Production
Are you tied into the creative community and interested in producing and selling dynamic content to top distributors? We’re searching for a Director of Content Sales and Production to join our team!
If you possess strong strategic vison for content placement, established distribution contacts, and an affinity to production and post production, then this is your next move!
You’ll develop and sell content on audio, visual, and digital distribution platforms for and with an impressive roster of athlete/celebrity clients.
This role will consist of evaluating content opportunities in the areas of television, film, podcasting, animation, and publishing. You will determine the best platforms, partnerships, and content solutions to monetize and distribute Octagon developed content. You will lead sales efforts and build reliable contacts for distribution of content as well as work with legal and content team to manage content deals. You are a great teammate and able to work collaboratively across several internal teams and collaborators. You will be relied upon as a key role in content development and production related efforts and projects.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Create sales strategy for Octagon developed content
- Confidently pitch concepts to both internal stakeholders and key clients as well as buyers in the distribution space
- Manage and help negotiate production service agreements, production legal requirements, and budget including maintaining profit on projects
- Work directly with content production team including managing production and post production activities, managing key deliverables and distribution delivery requirements
- Develop contacts for sales in all areas of content and media including film, tv, audio, animation, and publishing
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects relying on strong project management and organizational skills
- Be an inspirational leader who works as part of a team in the trenches, but at the same time be a mentor and strong manager adept at providing feedback and coaching
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in content sales, production and post production preferably at a media agency or comparable media company
- You have a finger on the pulse of what’s trending in content – what’s resonating with buyers, what content platforms are seeking, what content matters to the audience – and a passion for/expertise in sports, entertainment, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Uncover and strategically advise on content trends and styles in all areas of media
- Synthesize raw data to develop insights and concrete recommendations – you’re advanced in Excel, creative writing, and have a keen eye for well made pitch documents that move the needle with buyers
- You are skilled at public speaking and have the ability to lead and close a pitch meeting
- You’re organized – you know how to keep everything on task and manage timing expectations and communication of project tracking
- You understand all aspects of production for video, audio, animation, and all forms of content
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.