Senior Account Executive, Hospitality (Technology Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
We are looking for a dedicated and hard-working person to join our skilled and dynamic Global Hospitality Team!
This Senior Account Executive will help support multiple projects with the ability to get involved in exciting programs, with a primary focus on our Technology client. This position will get a broad view of Octagon’s offices and clients while assisting with a variety of best-in-class events. If the idea of collecting frequent flyer miles excites you, this job is for you!
In this outstanding role, your principal responsibilities will include pre-event communication and planning, online registration management, on-site staffing, post-event communication, and reporting.
You will be working with a service-focused team that is committed to providing a flawless, white-glove hospitality experience to our clients. With the team located across the country, you will have broad exposure to the hospitality industry with a tremendous potential to learn and gain hands-on experience.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead status and budgeting reports for client usage including reconciliations, event wrap-ups, and recaps
- Lead all logistics to include, but not limited to, décor, lodging, transportation, food and beverage, production services, and celebrity appearances
- Handle online guest registration, invite systems, and databases
- Creation of personalized itineraries for various events (i.e., golf, football, private events, entertainment)
- Co-lead all weekly internal and external status calls including the preparation and distribution of event status meeting notes, execution guides, and staff implementation guides
- Manage on-site temporary staff at event activations
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-4 years of experience in related events field; past hospitality experience preferred
- Passion for sports, entertainment, gaming, music, and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel. You will be running budgets!
- A go-getter, you demonstrate initiative and embrace new challenges (there will be plenty of last-minute client requests)
- Consider yourself a self-starter with strong prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Thrives under pressure and is outstanding at problem-solving; offering creative solutions (though you will always have help, your mantra is: I will figure it out!)
- Though not a requirement, a second language is a plus
- A jetsetter: bags are packed and excited at the idea of travel (approx. 35%)
- Can work weekends/holidays as needed
This position pays $50,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.