Account Director, Experiences (Golf) (Luxury Automotive Client)
THE JOB / Account Director, Experiences (Golf)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning, directing, and executing consumer driving experiences for a luxury automotive brand.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
This role serves as the day-to-day lead for professional and amateur golf marketing programs for a luxury automotive client. You will learn what it means to be part of a best-in-class partnership, influencing every part of the process along the way. You will interact daily with our corporate client, various departments & divisions, global client counterparts, partners, and agencies/vendors in support of their golf initiatives.
We are looking for an Account Director with strong project, and client management skills, who knows how to develop annual marketing plans that deliver against sponsorship strategies & objectives and has the ability to build and execute sophisticated program details and budgets. Strong team dynamics skills, a positive attitude, an eye for detail, excellent organizational skills, and some golf knowledge are required for this position.
This position offers a unique opportunity to learn the business of golf by working with various golf organizations, subject matter experts, and established partners within the space. You will become an expert in luxury product brand positioning while working alongside teammates that are passionate about what they do as you.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Lead and grow key relationships including top global golf governing bodies, tournament host organizations, and vendor partners, as well as build strong relationships and partnerships with various marketing teams, internal client stakeholders, brand ambassadors, and client agencies
- Development of a year-long activation plan based on annual client objectives and contractual deliverables
- Provide tournament management and execution consisting of branding, buildout, product integration, and messaging
- Conception & execution of year-long programming to support client objectives including resort partners, grassroots programming, and content creation
- Proactively lead engagement with internal communications, social media, Advertising, Media, Digital team, and more with regard to Golf sponsorship. Support national media and CRM strategy
- Budget management and financial reporting for areas of responsibility
- Oversee the management and professional development of the account team and provide training and career development opportunities
- Provide general support to efforts related to the brand and potentially other Octagon clients and programs
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'RE JOINING
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 7-9 years of proven experience in related field
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, and/or event management
- Ability to prioritize a number of projects and tasks simultaneously and consistently deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines and when under pressure
- Prior experience serving as a liaison between brand and partners, both internal and external, with the ability to become the brand gatekeeper
- Proficient in directing, reviewing, and providing quality control on deliverables prepared by outside vendors
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Comfortable with a moderate amount of domestic travel (20%) that will be required throughout the year, including nights and weekends
The base range for this position is $70,000 – 90,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.