Account Manager, Trade Shows (Financial Services Client)
THE JOB / Account Manager, Trade Shows (Financial Services Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and driving events and experiential marketing programs
Do you love working in a fast-paced world of corporate events and thrive in solving challenges with creative approaches? If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
As our new Account Manager (AM), you will be the day-to-day account lead for our client’s B2B events and trade shows. This includes management of project trackers, schedule of events, design and development of programs, management of staff, coordination with vendors and oversight of on-site activation executions, and post-event reporting.
The AM will also manage a team of two. A proactive and collaborative approach is needed as the AM works closely with clients and internal/external partners to execute each event. Time management skills and the ability to work under pressure will be important in leading the team to succeed in a deadline-oriented environment.
The work you’ll do
- Lead overall project management, client and vendor management, budgeting, and more for our client's B2B events and trade shows portfolio
- Develop workflow timeline, planning, and program execution and measurement
- Build templates of program descriptions and event concepts for internal client presentations
- Develop and lead event briefs/recaps and staffing schedules
- Lead client meetings and use project trackers to ensure deadlines are met
- Manage on-site activities including communication with show organizers, event set-up, engaging the clients on staffing, premium distribution, and event breakdown
- Lead day-to-day communication with clients, internal service groups, and 3rd party vendors to fulfill activation asset(s) and premium needs
- Lead procurement, contracting, and execution of all 3rd party products and/or services vendor(s) to drive maximum program success
- Other Administrative duties as assigned
Who we’re looking for
- 4-6 years of work experience in event marketing/event production/trade show execution
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under short deadlines as part of a team
- Elite client and team management skills as well as strong organization and communications skills – both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience creating and managing event budgets
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours including weekend/holiday travel and travel to various event sites throughout the U.S.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to eight hours at a time
- A valid passport is required, and all applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
The base range for this position is $60,000 – 70,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.