Account Trainee, Dealer Drive Tour (Luxury Automotive Client)
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Dealer Drive Tour
The Account Trainees will assist in the launch and execution of a nationwide dealer drive tour for our luxury automotive client that will take place April – August 2023. This is a position within the Octagon Marketing Trainee Program based in Stamford, CT. This all-new Dealer Drive tour will champion the latest in Performance vehicles for the luxury automotive client!
Responsibilities will range to support the overall planning and execution of this exciting program. The Account Trainees will learn account management, client engagement, event-planning, consumer communication, vendor relations, tour logistics and post-event analysis!
Account Trainees will need to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and work as a part of a team to communicate with various internal and external agents, partners, vendors, and clients. Excellent organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills, particularly within a team, are required for this position.
Travel is also required, including weekends, nights and potentially holidays.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Provide support to National Driving Program team by helping develop, lead and implement key program elements
- Work with supervisors to manage tour logistics + tour staff
- Act as a liaison between tour staff and internal Octagon staff
- Manage inventory of event execution elements
- Handle documents such as status reports, tracking documents, and meeting notes
- Track expenses and internal processing of invoices
- Assist in development of wrap-up reports and daily event reviews
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture
- Passion for luxury automotive a strong plus
- Up to a year’s worth of work or internship experience in communications, advertising, event management/production or marketing industries
- Previous event marketing experience a strong plus
- Diligent; ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within strict timelines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, in addition to solving problems independently
- Basic automobile industry knowledge is preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Valid US driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays minimum wage and is overtime-eligible.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.