Account Trainee, Luxury Automotive Client
THE JOB / Account Trainee
This is a position within the Octagon Marketing Trainee Program. The Trainee will support the execution of a large-scale national driving program for a luxury automotive client, traveling to different markets for multiple events across the country. The program will showcase the full line of luxury automotive client’s vehicles through a combination of professional driving instruction on renowned racetracks in key US markets.
The Account Trainee role is a part of a large core team but will report directly into a Senior Account Executive and work often with the Account Director. The Trainee will see additional opportunities to work on other events that pertain to key aspects of our luxury automotive client business (driving, golf, logistics and motorsport)! This position offers a unique opportunity to learn account management skills, on-site logistics and event activation problem solving! Strong team dynamics skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position.
This position will be involved in programming and events throughout the calendar year; travel days and off days are built into the schedule. The position will require 30% travel, including working non-traditional hours during weekends, nights, and holidays, and may include assisting with the transport of the vehicle fleet.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Coordinate and execute all on-site activities
- Responsible for daily account management, set-up, breakdown, and maintenance of all event equipment
- Conduct participant registration and instruction
- Assist with onsite COVID requirements
- Troubleshoot on-site challenges
- Provide daily test-drive, photography and registration recaps
- Rotate between various activation components on-site
- Ensure that event attendees have a positive and engaging experience
- Answer product related questions
- Assist with transportation and upkeep of fleet vehicles
- Work with the core account team on program wrap-up
- Keep organized records of all travel expenses and time tracking
- Work/travel on weekends, holidays and during non-traditional hours
- Travel, including driving for extended periods of time in daylight and some evenings
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture.
- Passion for luxury automotive and/or racetrack events is a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Basic knowledge of event management is a plus
- 0-1+ years’ work or internship experience in events or a customer-service oriented role is a plus
- Must be at least 21+ years of age
- Desire to learn and develop a career in event marketing
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
- Personality traits: confident, engaging, enthusiastic and articulate
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Ability to communicate with consumers, potential consumers, or fans in an event setting
- Willingness to travel extensively (including weekends) for weeks at a time
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays minimum wage and is overtime-eligible.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.