We are thrilled to be looking for a structured Account Manager to work on the biggest sporting event of 2023, the Rugby World Cup, for one of our key clients. This could be the perfect role for you if you enjoy logic driven processes, are detailed-oriented and tech-savvy, and have a strong desire for working as part of an international team. Affinity for rugby would be advantageous but is not mandatory.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Helping a world-renowned brand leverage the Rugby World Cup with its key customers
- Ensuring accuracy in the allocation and reporting of thousands of assets such as tickets, parking passes or stadium tours for 48 matches at Rugby World Cup in France
- Coordination with World Rugby and other stakeholders on requests / changes
- Producing guidelines and toolkits for brand customers and hosts to provide their guests with useful information about the Rugby World Cup program
- Support the implementation of a guest management system, tracking guest details, itineraries, and program elements
- Day-to-day management of the ticketing team with two direct reports
- Support event ticket handling, distribution, storage and security
- Ensuring program compliance with GDPR and internal compliance guidelines
- On-site event support during the tournament (willingness to travel to France)
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT RIGHT MOVE IF:
- You can think strategically and long term
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You have outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative, incremental solutions to challenges
- You have advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VBA, Macros and Queries)
- You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure
- You are a real team player
- Strong presentation skills
- An understanding of data analysis techniques and ability to work with complex data sets
- Experience or knowledge of working with sponsorship properties (hospitality events or traditional event activations)
- Major events experience would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform (Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps)
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
How we see the world:
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
Have we got yours?
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.