Account Trainee, Golf (Payment Services Client)
THE JOB / Account Trainee
If you’re excited about professional sports, the tech industry, and the latest buzz in sports & entertainment marketing, then find your next move as an Account Trainee at Octagon!
This Account Trainee will work on the planning and execution of a payment services client’s golf sponsorship platform! The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication, and process management skills, as well as a strong writing background. We offer a fun, energetic and hardworking team that is committed to building a successful sponsorship strategy for our client.
This position will support the team with tournament activations for the title sponsor of a prominent PGA TOUR event and will support partnerships with key golf properties such as the PGA TOUR and Pebble Beach Resorts. Although this is a temporary position, it requires full time hours, including some weekends, nights and holiday travel/work.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Build documents such as status reports, tracking documents, and meeting notes
- Conduct research and present on the competitive sponsor and general golf landscape on a regular basis
- Lead on all operations and logistics needs for events, including shipping and managing inventory of signage and premiums
- Assist with inventory, ticketing, and asset processes
- Track all sponsorship programs, record all pertinent metrics and organize in an Excel tracking document throughout the year
- Work with a team to plan and implement event marketing programs
- Manage ad hoc special projects as they arise
- Travel, as needed
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, specifically golf
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 0-1+ years of relevant internship/work experience
- Ability to take initiative on assignments and grow a dynamic skill set
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail while handling multiple projects
- Ability to think creatively and address set-backs with a positive attitude and teamwork
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Sports/event marketing experience and interest preferred
- Agency experience preferred
- Sports and/or entertainment industry knowledge preferred
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.