Account Executive, Team Sports Partnerships (Health and Wellness Client)
THE JOB / Account Executive, Team Sports Partnerships (Health and Wellness Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Do you love solving problems and bringing cool, consumer experiences to life? How about doing all of this with some of the most exciting properties in sports?
We’re searching for an Account Executive to execute all aspects of the client’s experiential marketing programs, including event planning, on-site support, vendor management, and communication with internal and external partners! The Account Executive will utilize project management expertise working as part of a team and solving problems independently. The AE will work closely with the Senior Account Executive to bring branded experiences to life as part of a larger account team that manages the day-to-day responsibilities of the client’s sports sponsorship portfolio, along with key players on the client team, their agency, and property partners!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support all planning and execution of fan engagement and community events, including development of activation plans, measurement/tracking tools and recap decks
- Coordinate the execution of on-site activities including set-up, participant engagement, event breakdown and results tracking
- Coordinate and manage event vendors, brand ambassadors and other key stakeholders/contributors to secure the best possible results for the client
- Begin to develop subject matter expertise on branded experiences
- Foster trusted relationships with clients and partners
- Understand clients’ values and voice while leading consumer-facing communication
- Support the account team with our daily functions, like meeting agendas and notes
- Track health and wellness activation trends and competitor partnerships and activation activity
- Support cost management, budget tracking and timely reporting
- Balance related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for sports, entertainment, health and wellness, community service and/or event marketing
- At least 1 year of experience in a related field
- Experience with not-for-profits and/or soccer or baseball properties, leagues and/or teams is a plus
- Experience working across logistical and tactical projects
- You have worked with various partners, such as teams, vendors, suppliers
- Ability to provide solid examples of your ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently
- Attention to detail, with strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express your thoughts clearly and effectively
- A sense of humor and try to stay positive in all situations
- No job is too small for you to pitch in or take on
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Willingness to travel and work weekends/holidays as needed
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.