Director, Social Media Strategy
THE JOB / Director, Social Media Strategy
Are you an inventive creator of digital media and marketing campaigns with measurable returns on objectives? We’re searching for a Director, Social Media Strategy to join our team!
If you possess strong strategic and analytical abilities in the digital/social space, combined with trend-spotting and creative ideation, this is your next move!
You’ll develop and deliver digital & social media campaigns for an impressive roster athlete/celebrity clients.
This role will consist of evaluating client objectives through the lens of digital and social media, and determining the best platforms, partnerships, and content solutions to achieve these goals. You will lead the execution and measurement of new and ongoing campaigns – exhibiting initiative, organization & time management. You are a great teammate and able to work collaboratively across several internal teams and collaborators. You will be relied upon as a digital expert at the agency – identifying the trends & strategies that reach specific fanbases.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Craft savvy recommendations and execute digital campaigns
- Confidently pitch concepts to clients & partners and develop creative content ideas that ladder up to client objectives
- Liaise with internal digital media team members to develop targeting & distribution recommendations
- Measure campaigns and deliver inventive insights to clients on what is working and what can be optimized
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects relying on strong project management and organizational skills
- Be an inspirational leader who works as part of a team in the trenches, but at the same time be a mentor and strong manager adept at providing feedback and coaching
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in digital/social media buying, preferably at a media agency
- You have a finger on the pulse of what’s trending in social & digital content – what’s resonating with fans, what platforms are growing, what content matters to fans – and a passion for/expertise in sports, entertainment, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Uncover and strategically apply relevant audience and market trends that you uncover from social listening
- Synthesize raw data to develop insights and concrete recommendations – you’re advanced in Excel, and can distill numbers down into an aesthetically pleasing PowerPoint
- You’re organized – you know how to keep everything on task and manage timing expectations and communication of project tracking
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.