Account Manager, Program Management (Luxury Automotive, Driving Experience Program)
THE JOB / Account Manager, Program Management (Luxury Automotive, Driving Experience Program)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing
Octagon is looking for an Account Manager (AM) to plan and oversee a combination of team management, track programming and strategic partnerships for nationwide driving programs providing premium vehicle experiences and test drives.
The AM will lead and handle aspects of track procurement and management, strategic partnerships for overall driving programs and support staff management and hiring processes! Day to day work will include venue coordination and contracting, partner management, build oversight, and program team management. This role is unique being a combination of logistics, CRM strategy and fulfillment as well as personnel management. The Account Manager will also be required to travel to support events and lead staff that is estimated to be 30-40% of their time.
We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative, is a self-starter, and is comfortable reporting to clients directly and leading weekly status calls. This position will report directly into an Account Director, but we’ll be looking for a candidate who is able to work independently and is proactive in nature.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Oversee program planning logistics and onsite activation
- Development of a premium, engaging, and exciting consumer experience
- Collaborate with program partners and vendors to ensure teamwork and build coordination onsite
- Oversee onsite creative, exhibit services, and logistics/instructor planning and implementation
- Manage program staff including full-time logistics staff and part-time event staff
- Schedule, train, and manage event product specialist teams
- Development of program guides and training materials for staff and program partners
- Develop key client relationships and responsible for execution upon deliverables
- Support analysis and assessment of all program vendors
- Serve as program lead onsite at select events
- Other related duties as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 5+ years agency/client experience
- Automotive industry and/or mobile tour experience would be a plus
- Ability to handle relationships with multiple internal/external partners (e.g. venues, vendors, suppliers, etc.)
- Strategic partnership curation and management experience
- Effective leadership skills to lead and mentor full-time and limited-term program staff
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to handle tight deadlines, work under pressure, and manage budgets through reconciliation
- Excellent communication, writing, and client service skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to work weekends and nonstandard hours
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.