Event Production Manager
THE JOB / Event Production Manager (Experiences)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Charlotte, NC, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Do you enjoy turning ideas into action?
Do you love participating in and delivering fantastic experiences?
If you have knowledge and experience planning and running events while on a constant search for the next best experience, this opportunity is for you!
Octagon is searching for an Event Production Manager who can take a creative idea and bring it to life on-site for brands to own and consumers to enjoy.
But what will I do? Happy you asked. You’ll be the ‘general contractor’ of sorts prioritizing communication from multiple team members and turning it in to concrete steps.
The goal? Planning and carrying out an outstanding experience for our brand clients and the consumers they are engaging with.
Still with us? Cool. Because this role will be integral in continuing to grow our event production team, while taking on a lead role in new projects. We are looking for someone that is eager to try new things, dig in and work through complexity while having a lot of fun along the way.
This position is for someone who enjoys the work hard, play hard mentality and requires excellent communication and time management skills, acute attention to detail and organization, willingness to learn, strong interpersonal skills, and flexibility. The right candidate will be able to work independently, as part of a team and will work closely with the internal team, divisions, clients and vendors.
All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination.
The work you’ll do
- Collaborate with specialty groups within Octagon (creative, client services, digital, etc.) to develop multi-faceted, branded experiences within sports and entertainment
- Will work on a variety of programs and projects with opportunities for both lead and support roles, but always as a part of a team
- Management of one or more direct reports is possible, leading all aspects of their career development
- Hire vendors and partners to work alongside of and bring activation elements to life
- Host client and vendor/partner status calls during planning, providing relevant updates and ensuring deadlines are met
- Lead on-site staff and partners at events and activations
- Handle program budgets independently
- Work with internal colleagues to produce proposal decks and activation/execution guides
- Assist in brainstorms and thought leadership projects
- A moderate amount of domestic event travel will be required throughout the year, including nights and weekends
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Who we’re looking for
- Expertise in producing and handling events in the sports and entertainment field
- 5-7 years of work experience in event production or experiential marketing
- Flexibility to tackle leadership or support roles, working well within a team-centric environment
- Effective communicator both in persuasive and concise speech and written documents/ communication
- Managing and prioritizing multiple projects with varying timelines and needs
- A knack and passion for being ‘in the weeds’ figuring out sophisticated problems and leading teams to ultimate goal
- Willingness to work event hours and travel for work
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than 8 hours at a time
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.