Account Director, Hospitality (Financial Services Client)
THE JOB / Account Director, Hospitality (Financial Services Client)
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the preferred location for this position is Charlotte, NC. It may be flexible with a preference for working in one of our other office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Do you consider yourself a hospitality specialist who is exceptionally skilled in leading multiple hosting programs? If you have deep knowledge of the hospitality space and are an organized leader with a passion for experiences and travel, this position is for you!
The Account Director will be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, delivering exciting and exclusive B2C and B2B programming and premium hosting program experiences for our Financial Services client. You’ll support the team in developing and carrying out hospitality activations on behalf of our client’s sports partnerships across top properties such as the PGA TOUR, NFL, and MLB. From managing a private golf outing at an exclusive club to hosting clients for an on-field experience at an MLB stadium, the unique experiences we build and execute are best-in-class.
The work you’ll do
- Partner with our account team to develop hospitality plans and program recommendations in support of clients’ goals and objectives
- Oversee the management of consumer-facing programming – including vendor management, logistical planning, budget management, event execution, and recapping
- Conduct pre-planning, management, and implementation for events, including vendor vetting and selection, contract review and negotiation, and requisite event activation plans and supporting communication documents (i.e., Work Plans, Event Overviews, Event Guides, etc.)
- Implement management routines and protocols to champion an environment for thoughtful ideation, critical review, and transparent communication of program updates across teams/clients
- Lead client meetings and staff planning and keep all parties on task, on time, and on budget
- Develop relationships with clients as a trusted advisor while driving business/projects forward
- Management of direct reports and their career development, as assigned
- Additional projects as assigned, which may include: assistance on other events and hospitality programs, sponsorship evaluations, competitive reviews, POVs, white papers, property research, etc.
Who we’re looking for
- 6–10 years of demonstrated work experience in hospitality or experiential marketing, experience in sports, entertainment & travel a plus
- Passion for events/experiences, ranging from large-scale custom experiences to small-scale turnkey events
- Strong leadership presence, with the ability to forecast and mitigate issues/challenges effectively, communicate concisely, persuasively, and effectively across multiple mediums
- A people-first leader with strong emotional intelligence who is invested in the success of the team and can empower teammates accordingly
- History of building positive relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize the team's efforts across multiple projects with ease, manage deadlines, coordinate key timelines, and perform under pressure with strong attention to detail
- A proactive, critical thinker who maintains a standard of excellence and consistency across the team when the pressure is on
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than eight hours at a time
- Comfortable with a moderate amount of domestic and international event travel that will be required throughout the year, including nights and weekends
- A valid passport is required, and all applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further. We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.