Account Director, Client Services (Financial Services Client)
THE JOB / Account Director, Client Services (Financial Services Client)
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for supporting Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
***Our headquarters are located in Stamford, CT, but the preferred location for this position is Charlotte, NC. It may be flexible with a preference for working in one of our other office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Are you looking for that next challenge as you build your career in client services? Do you want to build strategic programs around sports and CSR campaigns? This may be the right opportunity for you!
But what will I do? Glad you asked. It’s all about relationships! You’ll spearhead collaboration on a collection of programs and experiences that embody our client’s brand while harnessing the uniqueness and spirit of each campaign. Reporting to the Group Director, you’ll support our team in working closely with clients, internal groups (Strategy, Creative, Branded Experiences), and external partner agencies to develop programs across various campaigns ranging from MLB to NFL and Motorsports.
Still with us? Cool. Because we need a leader who recognizes that success is a team sport. You thrive in a collaborative environment, strive to be better, and know there’s always more you can do. You are a playmaker. You are sports-mad, culture-obsessed with your fingers firmly on the pulse. You bring your own abilities to the game, a passion for learning, creating extraordinary experiences, and the ability to work at a dynamic pace. You don’t just work in this space, you live in it.
The work you’ll do
- Lead and support day-to-day team functions to help the team succeed
- Work closely with financial clients, sports teams, and leagues
- Prepare vital documents supporting strategic planning and ideation, sponsorship evaluations, competitive reviews, POVs, property research, etc.
- Coordinate projects with agency partners and internal Octagon resources
- On select campaigns, serve as project lead and integrator overseeing cross-functional teams. Work to include timelines, budgets, program plans, and recaps
- Represent client’s best interests with sponsored properties to enhance existing investments, provide insights, and track contractual assets
- Develop a working knowledge and understanding of financial service client’s business initiatives and marketing trends, serving as a subject matter expert as you build your knowledge base
- Manage and oversee the development of one full-time employee
- Additional projects as assigned
Who we’re looking for
- 7-10 years of work experience in experiential marketing and/or client management
- Passion and expertise in sports, cause, entertainment, gaming, music, and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Prioritize multiple programs simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Ability to forecast and mitigate issues/challenges effectively
- team builder and collaborator
- History of building positive relationships, both internally and externally – finding opportunities to make valuable contributions with every interaction
- You can lead client meetings and partner conversations, keeping all parties on task, on time, and on budget
- Strong leadership presence, with the ability to communicate concisely, persuasively, and effectively through both written and verbal mediums
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Comfortable with a moderate amount of required domestic event travel throughout the year, including nights and weekends
- All applicants will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further. We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.