Group Director, Global Hospitality (Payment Services Client)
THE JOB / Group Director, Global Hospitality (Payment Services Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event, hospitality and experiential marketing programs.
** Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.**
Our client is an award-winning Payment Services brand known for its iconic marketing initiatives. We are searching for a Group Director to oversee a Global Hospitality Calendar of events associated with clients’ property partnerships. This position will strongly focus on project management, global events, and product and service integrations.
This position is best suited for a candidate encouraged by working in a team environment with a diverse group of people from different countries and cultural backgrounds. If you want to work in the epicenter of sports marketing and sponsorship consulting with a finance client and a true partner, this role is for you!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Serve as a reliable agency contact for client sponsorship, internal client departments and agency partners
- Oversee Global Hospitality Programming across multiple geographic regions and events
- Serve as the client liaison for Global Hospitality and Product Service Integration
- Manage a globally distributed team to plan and implement high-profiled B2C/B2B events
- Integrate client’s products and services into sponsorship programs
- Serve as an experiential expert to ideate innovative ways to convey client messaging through events and hospitality
- Oversee B2B programming and Executive onsite management
- Manage finance trackers, budgets, and program reconciliations
- Develop sales decks and presentations to be presented to internal and external audiences
- Support the agency experiences team as a key member of the hosting and hospitality vertical, bringing new insights and ideas to an evolving industry
Who we’re looking for
- 8+ years’ experience working in event management and hospitality
- Passion for hospitality and providing white glove service ideally with global account experience and have managed a worldwide team
- Interested in the business of sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Outstanding organization and prioritization with impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- A positive mindset, with a “no job is too small” approach
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus
- You enjoy travel and are comfortable executing onsite events
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.